Sign in to follow this  
Baugi

77126: vermin spiders

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      My photography has really been sub par for some time so I am trying out som different settings on the camera, including changing the backdrop to try to find a setting that works better than before. Focus is key, deep focus is even more key.
      I think I might just have cracked it. At least for now.

Just some incy wincy spiders today, the pack called "spiders" from Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures.

The dark background has it's uses, but did not really work for these models.

These spiders are a little bit too similar to the real ones intermittently crawling across my walls both in size and shape, and I have had to stop myself fixing to slap them as they were lying about my desk.
      I made 40mm bases for them. One of the spiders came with a webbed victim-piece, which can be seen above.
      Super fast paint scheme, gloss black all over, dark green drybrush, then red in three shades for the red bits, then gloss varnish.
      The colour scheme is inspired by a real spider, the Australian (...because of course Australian!) Ambicodamus Crinitus, aka the Red and Black spider, Imaginative naming there.
      Luckily the real red and black is no more than a centimetre or so long and not seen as dangerous to humans.
      One of the models had a piece missing from one leg. I could not be bothered with complaining and requesting a new one though.

Also, as is usual with the Nolzur line, the renders used to promote and illustrate the minis in webshops come across as way more detailed than the actual models. Something which I think actually is a bit disingenuous, really.

Have you seen some dwarfs that were strolling through these woods?

Spiders
      Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures, Wave 1
      Made by Wizkids, 2016
      PVC hard plastic
      40mm bases
    • By Iridil
      More speedpaints for gaming - Not really satisfied with the spider swarms - any tips on how to better do them would be appreciated. I like the vermin pair better in hand, though the photos show where more time would have made for much better/smoother blending. They're off to eat some PCs now....

• By Brianuk
      Am getting into the new Frostgrave based game "Rangers of Shadow Deep". The spiders are the smaller Reaper Bones spiders. The rats are from Black Tree Design, and the zombie is an old Grenadier miniature by Mark Copplestone that I brought from EM4. 

All basic paint jobs, tried to have a bit of a lighter pallette on the spiders in particular, and wanted to make sure they could be used for Frostgrave as well. 

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      These were a quick and easy paint, and I went for a realistic tone to match the sculpts. The victim pile is supposed to be a base element for them, but I decided to keep it seperate as a scenery piece. 

The shinyness on the fellow in the back is due to the black wash not being entirely dry when I took the pic.
    • By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama that I did for ReaperCon 2016. I started toying with ideas after the Mousling Award was announced and originally pictured a few Mouslings in a cave, totally oblivious to the spider on the ceiling. This changed when I was sorting through some burl wood and came across the piece that I used. I used wolf spiders as my inspiration as they like to make their home in holes and so rather than a cave, I had the Mouslings hunting the spider in a field. It just came together perfectly and I had a blast painting them. I am so addicted to Mouslings now.

"The Hunt"
      MSP Open Mousling Third Place

• Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)