Lobotomy - (Titanforge)

ahayford

The base game, sure.

Agreed, I also pledged just for the core game. I don't see why the core box is so full of different miniatures (and even a little scenery) and the $50 expansion only has a few minis. And almost the extra minis that are realeased come as add-ons.

I'm really surprised that so many backers still pledge for the expansion.

Habit I guess! ^_^

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The base game, sure.

Agreed, I also pledged just for the core game. I don't see why the core box is so full of different miniatures (and even a little scenery) and the $50 expansion only has a few minis. And almost the extra minis that are realeased come as add-ons.

I'm really surprised that so many backers still pledge for the expansion.

Habit I guess! ^_^

Well I finally gave in and Backed.

Yeah, I'm not into paying 200$ for a game I won't be able to play.

Gameplay video looks a step more complicated than zombicide, which will turn off my friends. Shipping and conversion just too much money. Maybe if there was a 1$ and buying add-ons of minis, I would do that.

My guess is that the base game acts as a "loss leader". The base game attracts backers, the backers get antsy to spend more money, then they buy the add-ons. 

Another is that the number of backers give the creator a clear number of how many base units to make, but they have no way to determine how many of each add-on to make. Given the cost of plastic molds, it's possible to lose money on an add-on option. Mebbe Bryan has a better answer at how they determine add-on prices, although I thought the Reaper ones were pretty darn reasonable compared to other KS. They certainly managed to make me part with my money!

• Like 1

My guess is that the base game acts as a "loss leader". The base game attracts backers, the backers get antsy to spend more money, then they buy the add-ons. 

Another is that the number of backers give the creator a clear number of how many base units to make, but they have no way to determine how many of each add-on to make. Given the cost of plastic molds, it's possible to lose money on an add-on option. Mebbe Bryan has a better answer at how they determine add-on prices, although I thought the Reaper ones were pretty darn reasonable compared to other KS. They certainly managed to make me part with my money!

Yes that sounds very likely. Personally I don't see why most people would want to spend $50 on that (very meagre) expansion - some full boardgames only cost that much.

But I guess it's part of the business model. I don't think I've ever seen a relatively small KS with so many add-ons!

For the rest the game seems quite nice and I love the asylum theme. Next to that, the fact that it is a coorperative game seems fun to play with your friends and also means that not every character has to be balanced compared to the others. For the rest by far the most of the stretch goals are pretty decent (with some nice extra characters, monsters and a new range of metal illnesses). So I guess in the end, I get quite a lot of value for my EB core set pledge! ^_^

BE AFRAID.  BE VERY AFRAID.

629987bc04587e29477f6fa94a27c71e_origina

Well, it looks like they are having fun with this, haha.

I've not followed the campaign lately, but $7 for what? The tire alone?!

The deadly tire ... and the rules for using it as an opponent in the game for those poor deranged lunatics to face! Probably paying for any individual packaging it might have too (like a little plastic grip sealed bag & maybe some bubble wrap & other stuff).