2015 Fall Exchange - Chatter Thread

ub3r_n3rd

I am so very close to being finished..... but it might have to wait until after I move! Which I do not want.

But I can see myself rushing bits of it... And what time I could have to paint it is being absorbed by other things (Like work stuff that came up, and the flu, and stuff) but I WILL FINISH it.... soonâ„¢. Unfortunately.

• Like 4

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've received my mini(s) from Bonwirn!! I was rather puzzled as to why I'd gotten such a big box, since I wasn't expecting any Goodwill boxes....

He painted me not just two minis, but a whole awesome diorama!!! I loves it so much! :wub: And he also included a whole pile of other minis too!

I only had time to snap a few super quick pictures, since I'm heading out of town in an hour, but I'll upload them tonight.

Thank you, thank you so much!! I'm speechless! Very much worth waiting for! ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

I'm finally able to upload the pictures now. Check out the awesome!!

P1070844.JPG

You can't tell from the picture, but the base is actually in two parts; it barely wouldn't fit in the box! I will be able to glue it back together easily, though. The benches, pedestal and statue are all separate and movable, but because they're all painted so well, you can't even tell!

Here's a different shot that gets the whole backdrop:

P1070845.JPG

BUT WAIT IT GETS BETTER

He actually included a SECOND statue mini, so I can swap them out as needed....

P1070847.JPG

Oh, I'm gonna have some fun with this!  :devil:

And here's a quick group shot of all the minis he included! I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by his generosity! :wub:

P1070848.JPG

Sorry I don't have a better picture of them, I was in a terrible rush when I took it. They're all Reaper minis, though; several of these I think Mr. Boot is going to have fun with, like the giant scarab, or the big scary worm thing. :lol:

Thank you again, Bonwirn!!!!! :bday:

Huzzah!

• Like 12

Oneboot,

I am sorry it took so long to get that finished and sent out.  Real life has been pretty hectic lately.  The extra minis were my apology  :)

It's really okay, I hope Fanguad passed along my messages that I would rather you have fun and not be stressed over it than to rush and try to mail it on time. :) Real life happens, it always seems to do so to me when I have an exchange I'm trying to get out the door! So thank you again, it's a beautiful piece!

That's a cool exchange gift.

@Bonwirn: Who makes the diorama pieces?  Are they available at retail?

It's made up of lots of Hirst Art blocks glued together! I don't know about retail availability, Bonwirn can tell you more. I know he has at least a few of the molds, though. :)

Huzzah!

• Like 5

I came home this weekend to a lovely vignette from Kharsin. I love it Goldmoon and Riverwind are awesome and painted so nicely. Thank you again Kharsin for the piece, it will be displayed in my game room miniature display cabinet for all to see.

Kharsin already made a show off thread but here are the photos I took.

post-5971-0-46614900-1460340293_thumb.jpeg

post-5971-0-25814200-1460340309_thumb.jpeg

post-5971-0-96193100-1460340343_thumb.jpeg

• Like 11