Exalted Figures

Erion

I would like to take a moment to publicly retract any and all negative comments I have made about the quality of the sculpts in the Exalted line. I actually got the first model of my collection (and I will have them all) totally painted this weeked. Harmonius Jade is a work of Art. The figure is dynamic and exaggerated and that's exactly what Exalted is supposed to be about.

The key to making them look good is to not painting them to a photorealistic standard. Making this model look like an Anime Character (as most of the Exalted art does already)really brought it to life. I will be posting some pictures in the Show Off forum as soon as I get my camera working again (stupid battery). I honestly feel this is one of the best looking pieces I have done to date.

Excellent work, folks. I have placed an order for each of the figures I don't already have with the FLGS. I look forward to seeing your future efforts to make the 2nd Age a three-dimensional place.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jenova,

I'm so NOT sorry for that. I can't wait to see what someone that has your talent can do with these figures.

Thanks for your web site by the way. Your NMM gold technique helped in no small way to bring Harmonious Jade to life.

Good. I unfortunately don't have an immediate use for them, and my precious little time is taken up with a billion other projects, so I won't get around to them. Eventhough I was initially not too keen on the skulpts, after seeing them painted, I'm glad to see they are catching on.

I'm with you, Aeon. I had the chance to see in the "flesh" one of the mentioned Jade minis. It is not bad certainly, but the unpainted sculpt is less than thrilling (kinda the same things happens with the Celtos Gael chicks, but we all know how stunning they can be once painted). Still, I will pick one or two the next time I go to my LGS if there are no Klocke sculpts at hand.

i haven't seen any in the flesh..but as far as pics of the minis go they seem to..chubby for my tastes. They just don't fit the images I see when i play the game....myabe it's cuz their heads seem kinda oversized for my taste.

one exception is the Abyssal Deathknight model..I love the pose..was thinking of buying it.