Sign in to follow this  
Auberon

WAMP Brush Size Comparison

This isn't really a tip or advice; it's more of an informational topic.  As we all know, brushes vary by manufacturer such that a 00 from one company can be different from another.  Rather than go with the existing system the WAMP brushes are stamped by their intended purpose, though each brush does include an "equivalent to" in the description.  Still, that's a comparison back to a system without a standard so I thought it would be helpful to snap a picture for actual comparison purposes.  I didn't purchase all of them, but if you were curious about the WAMP brushes here's how they compare to each other and to a few other manufacturers.

post-13211-0-97777400-1438819505_thumb.jpg

From left to right we have:

Isabey 2/0
WAMP Fine Freehand
W&N Series 7 00
Reaper Pro Paint 1
WAMP Freehand
WAMP Fine Detail
W&N Series 7 1
WAMP Detail
WAMP Basecoat
WAMP Liner
Blick Master Sable 2
WAMP Stipple

Edit: For the metric people, 1/8" = 3.175 mm.

• Like 12

Tips/Advice/Info works for me.

Thanks, I love seeing comparison shots like that. Since I've been leaning hard on the Rosemary brushes lately, I think I might need to get a set, I like pretty much all the WAMP line. Old school liner brush, even!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      After a hiatus I am writing a blog post to help my sanity! This next post is all about brushes and brush care. 

So my question to you fellow painters is: If/when you are/were new to painting what would you like to know or would like to have known about brushes?
    • By Harrek
      So the new Artis Opus KS is live.  It can be found here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/artis-opus/artis-opus-series-m-brush-set

Be curious what people's opinions are on the "smaller" brushes they are doing here.  I've always been taught go for a brush with a larger belly and a good point over something like these.

Also how people like the previous ones to see if they were worth the price.
    • By Mirya
      Hi all! I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for fixing the fishhook tip that develops on brushes after awhile. Is it even possible? I tried brush shaper with no success (although it's possible/likely there's a technique I don't know about that would make the brush shaper work better) I'd love to replace my brushes less frequently, and salvage some I already have :-)
    • By Harrek
      Surprised I did not see this mentioned yet.

So my question here once people look at it is this really worth it?  The cost seems high given you can get Rosemary & Co or other company Kolinsky brushes far cheaper.  What makes these worth the extra cost?  I know you get the brush soap (which I would think most of us have already) and a nice case (not really needed perhaps).  But seems like $65ish with shipping for 4 brushes seems high.
    • By 72moonglum
      So just a random question, or comment: 

I have a brush that I always use for sealing my miniatures and thought I at least rinsed it out reasonably well or cleaned it out. Apparently not.  Last  week when before I used it, I actually took an exacto knife to the brush and started scraping old sealant off bristles, until it was actually much cleaner than it as previously.  Has anybody else ever done this?

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 148 Guests (See full list)