odinsgrandson

Space Crusade Reconstruction from Bits Box

Amazingly excellent as always. Love the blaze free hand on the shoulder pieces, love the glowing part of the gun in the second. And most of all I love the color, but maybe that's just because green is my favorite! :lol:

• Like 1

Your work is always so gorgeous.

I like how these all clearly are part of the same squad but they aren't clones of each other.

• Like 1

Since I still play salamanders when I get the chance to play I really enjoy seeing such excellently done figures. I am particular impressed with the heavy bolter model. Bravo !

• Like 2

Nicely done! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do for this project.

I never got a chance to play space crusade or any of GW's older board games, but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

• Like 1

Since I still play salamanders when I get the chance to play I really enjoy seeing such excellently done figures. I am particular impressed with the heavy bolter model. Bravo !

Thanks.

The heavy bolter is actually the commander for the squad (he starts as a sergeant and can level up into a captain and such).

Space Crusade really had different weapon rules than 40k.

And here are the Gretchin.

I had considered quite a few options for my Gretchin- I have quite a few goblins from various companies I could easily convert.  I also have some of the older plastic gretchin minis- but I felt that the pose was too standard.

In the end, I decided to take old metal Snotlings, and arm them with missile weapons.  I really fell that this works for their lowly status.

Here they are:

gretchen-1.jpg?i=1862239763

gretchen-2.jpg?i=519115898

gretchen-3.jpg?i=1949418310

gretchen-4.jpg?i=871676426

gretchen-5.jpg?i=492992543

• Like 19

In Space Crusade, the marines fight against a mixed force of Chaos Tainted enemies- among those are five Chaos Space Marines.

I was originally having a hard time deciding what chapter to make the Chaos marines (since I've done quite a few Chaos Space Marine armies for clients that I'd like to make a tributes to).  

Then I realized that in gameplay terms, they don't need to be a squad -they can all spawn at different locations, and pretty much act as five independent marines.  

So, they'll each be from different Chaos chapters.  Here's the first one- a marine of the Black Legion:

space-crusade-1.jpg?i=430976190

• Like 10

Great updates!!

I really like your Black Legionnaire, quite possibly because I've a fair few of my own to finish up sooner or later.

There are five Chaos Space Marines in Space Crusade.  I was having a really hard time trying to decide on a single chapter for them- since I've painted quite a few different chapters of Chaos marines for my regular clients.

In the end, I realized that the game doesn't present them as a squad- they're more like independent chaos marines.  As such, I could make each of them a tribute to a different chaos marine force that I painted.  As with the others, I tried to have a deliberately different take on the chapter than the armies that I painted before.

scsom.jpg?i=1817580895&width=753&height=
Sons of Malice

scnl.jpg?i=1506265631&width=753&height=4
Night Lords

sciw.jpg?i=966485049&width=753&height=45
Iron Warriors

scec.jpg?i=1950211550&width=753&height=4
Emperor's Children

Space Crusade also featured a powerful Dreadnought as a centerpiece to the forces of chaos.  He is to be feared.  Like all minis in this project, I wanted to pull the whole Dread out of my bitz box, and I managed to pull it off.  The base mini for this is an old metal dreadnought, with additions from various plastic kits.  I decided to give it the plasmagun and missile launcher because the assault cannon is kind of a waste against space marines.

scdread.jpg?i=1078699087&width=753&heigh
And the Death Guard

scdread2.jpg?i=1408879653&width=753&heig

There is one unit type that existed in Space Crusade that never existed in 40k (although I believe they did find their way into Space Marine back in the day).

scandroid2.jpg?i=714525888&width=753&hei

scandroid1.jpg?i=1140223716&width=753&he

• Like 18