I'm ReaperBryan. AMA (Ask Me Anything)*! Part II

Reaperbryan

If there is extraterrestrial intelligent life, do you think they'll come for peace or war? (Depending on how far away they are, they may think we all wear tiedye still...)

The history of life on Earth (being the only sample we have access to) suggests that violence or conquest is inevitable. Even among the plants, survive at all costs, kill the competition, and take the resources I myself need are the most common practices. I have little doubt that conflict is an inevitable result of intelligent life discovering us, and fewer doubts that discovery of a habitable but uninhabited (by intelligent life, I assume that plants and some animals might exist anywhere it is possible) planet would not result in war among humans as we fought to control the new resources.

What movie have you seen recently that you would recommend?

Inside Out was wonderful. Ant Man was enjoyable. Jurassic World wasn't bad. Terminator Genesys was also not awful. Contrast this with Mad Max, which was the worst film I have ever paid money for that wasn't being riffed by robots.

Where's Waldo?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :blues:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is extraterrestrial intelligent life, do you think they'll come for peace or war? (Depending on how far away they are, they may think we all wear tiedye still...)

The history of life on Earth (being the only sample we have access to) suggests that violence or conquest is inevitable. Even among the plants, survive at all costs, kill the competition, and take the resources I myself need are the most common practices. I have little doubt that conflict is an inevitable result of intelligent life discovering us, and fewer doubts that discovery of a habitable but uninhabited (by intelligent life, I assume that plants and some animals might exist anywhere it is possible) planet would not result in war among humans as we fought to control the new resources.
Kinda like the avatar movie in a way then?

::P:

...my theory is the us govt will want to send the planet financial aid :ph34r:

• Like 3

See, other intelligent life doesn't recognize our fiat money.  So instead, the US Govt will strip mine our planet and send it to them.

• Like 2

See, other intelligent life doesn't recognize our fiat money.  So instead, the US Govt will strip mine our planet and send it to them.

NOT A QUESTION!

-5 Points from Procrastinus!

I don't think that will stop them from trying, lol

NOT A QUESTION!

-5 points from Procrastinus!

wait- I missed it- did we ever get houses?  And if so what are they?  and which one am I in?  :)

Also, how are you Bryan?  Did you get your car back?

I dunno, I'm making it up. I can't remember. You're in whichever house you want, really.

I'm doing well. Looking forward to a few new projects and a slower paced off-work time coming up this fall as I focus more on weight loss and health and sanity. We did get our car back after 6 weeks and 5 days and a lot of arguing with the insurance company about who was responsible for what (the correct answer: THEY are responsible for EVERYTHING, because reasons). 

Bryan, if I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?

Can you ask Ladystorm to judge our little Halloween painting competition please? If I ask she'll probably ban me....from everything. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63545-the-2015-all-hallows-eve-paint-contest-roll-up-roll-up/

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 3

Bryan, if I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?

Can you ask Ladystorm to judge our little Halloween painting competition please? If I ask she'll probably ban me....from everything. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63545-the-2015-all-hallows-eve-paint-contest-roll-up-roll-up/

Yes.

Or i could judge it...

In post #7 you answered a question posted in post #8.  Do you time travel?

When I merged my replies it used the first timestamp to merge replies, not the last.

I was wondering the same thing...

So.  Shark attacks and swimming at the beach: Would you swim anyway?

I don't swim. This is a result of my claustrophobia - water pressing on my face is one of the most terrifying sensations I know.