Reaper Ron

Official: ReaperCon 2016 Dates!

Am I the only one having trouble trying to book a room at the Hilton? It's telling me there are no available rooms at either the standard or discounted rate.

Also, do we have to stay the full 8 nights to get the discounted rate?

As someone who did get a reserve in. You can adjust the length of your stay. You just pay extra on the Non-Con days (Thurs to Sun).

• Like 3

This is my first year attending so I may be a little late to reservations. - but it looks like I can still book a room at Hilton Garden. 

Is anyone else looking for a roommate? 

I'm 42, have good personal hygiene and don't snore. 

I don't really need two beds, as there is no way the wife and kids are coming with me. 

having a roommate sounds fun, even for an introvert like myself. 

We won't know what roommate situation will be like for the M Clan for another month or so. I'm leaving it a priority for the person that already asked but may have to bow out for good news. I'm hoping for their good news! It's exciting! When it happens, then I'll post that we need a roomie

• Like 2

If I didn't have a roomie or room in place already I'd take your offer. Nice thing thou closer the Con gets there will be a roommate needed thread that people will see. If this was RCons of year's past we'd be looking at only 3+ month or so to get everything in place. Having it in October helps with that.

I'm happy that it is in October. With the change it allows me to take the family over to Portland & the Oregon Coast for spring break this year. It's been way to long since I was last over there ('07).

Is there any idea if there'll be events at factory prior to start like last year? That will affect my travel a lot

It is WAY TOO SOON for these questions.

We will not be able to answer these until 2-3 months out from the event.

That is the typical time frame for us to release information.

• Like 4

Well I feel bad about missing last year's Reaper Con but it turned out that I met my fiancee that same weekend while visiting the Scarborough Faire instead. She has an apartment in Dallas so it looks like I'll be able to travel from Houston again and have a place nearby to stay. I'm looking forward to seeing many of the great people I met at the 2014 Reaper Con.

• Like 7

Just reserved a room though I had to settle for a two queens room instead of the one king I desired. We'll live with it if we have to do two queens but with a crib in the room (or pack n play) I'd sure love to have less floor space eaten up by beds

• Like 3

Just reserved a room though I had to settle for a two queens room instead of the one king I desired. We'll live with it if we have to do two queens but with a crib in the room (or pack n play) I'd sure love to have less floor space eaten up by beds

Did you call them? Maybe you can get lucky and a king might be available closer to the reservation date.

Okay, I had an update from Adrienne on the hotel situation. We have booked the entire block of rooms at the Hilton Garden. As far as I know the only rooms held in the blocks were the queen beds so you should still be able to get a king but it may not be at the Reaper negotiated rate.

Adrienne has arranged blocks of rooms at another hotel: "Fairfield Inn for queen/queen rooms for $85. I should receive the link to book rooms through at our group rate very soon. I will pass it on once I receive it. Cut off to get this rate is Sept. 27, 2016. The rate  is good for Wed. Oct. 19th - Saturday Oct. 22nd, 2016."

Since I don't have the link I'm sure there will be something official coming from Ron or Bryan or Cheryl shortly with the information.

• Like 3