Reaper Ron

Official: ReaperCon 2016 Dates!

Is there a reason why the Mariott got Weds but the HGI didn't as far as rates go?

Looking at the reserve thou, Sunday isn't included so I guess it balances out in the end. Still, a $22 dollar difference is something to think about.

Anyone know what a regular day rate is?* Thou the Mariott site has no rooms on Sunday, so I may have no choice & just keep HGI.

*Just looked at Mariott's site & a regular rate is $108. Ooooo 1 dollar difference!!! 

I grabbed a room off that link, but now I see it isn't the "official" hotel...

Will there be shuttles running from the Marriott as well?  I guess they're right across the street from each so it isn't a big deal either way.

• Like 1

Will there be shuttles running from the Marriott as well?  I guess they're right across the street from each so it isn't a big deal either way.

Currently all the rooms at the Hilton are booked up. The Fairfield for all intents and purposes is an official hotel since Adrienne has a contract for room blocks at the convention rate there. I suspect that shuttles will probably all leave from the Hilton but none of that has been determined yet.

Is there a reason why the Mariott got Weds but the HGI didn't as far as rates go?

Looking at the reserve thou, Sunday isn't included so I guess it balances out in the end. Still, a $22 dollar difference is something to think about.

Anyone know what a regular day rate is?* Thou the Mariott site has no rooms on Sunday, so I may have no choice & just keep HGI.

*Just looked at Mariott's site & a regular rate is $108. Ooooo 1 dollar difference!!! 

Different hotel, different negotiation.

• Like 2

So . . . I now it's kind of soon, but as this years ReaperCon is in October, is it likely to be in October next year? My wife and I can't make it this year but we are plotting out next years plans . . . 

So . . . I now it's kind of soon, but as this years ReaperCon is in October, is it likely to be in October next year? My wife and I can't make it this year but we are plotting out next years plans . . .

Yes. They've merged ReaperCon (which was in late April/Early May) with ArtistCon (which was Late October/Early November) and said going forward they were going to keep it in the fall and only do the larger ReaperCon.

Is there any promotional material for the Con? Like flyers that can be hung up at FLGSs?

Heisler was correct - We will be running shuttles to/from BOTH hotels, we have negotiated deals with both, both are Official. Larger conventions frequently have multiple hotels, so this isn't all that unusual.

still no sign ups (gold, silver, etc) or classes available on the reapercon site, correct?

Thought I read something from Bryan this past week about passes for Rcon MAYBE being ready for purchase at the beginning of July.  I am not remembering which thread it was in though....and it was a pretty big MAYBE from the way he wrote it.

Found it in the "where is everyone staying" thread.

We hope to have ReaperCon passes added to the ReaperCon site before July4. (fingers crossed).

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 3

Argh. The Reaper website has the wrong information for the Fairfield Inn--it is reusing the Hilton Garden Inn. I probably should have caught it before I called--we'll blame my abject lack of sleep the past two weeks for not comparing the FFI site with the Reapercon site--but I seem to have accidentally booked us a Sunday night stay at the HGI and a Wednesday-Saturday at the Fairfield. Watch out! The correct number for the Fairfield Inn is +1-972-899-6900, not 1-972-459-4600.

Sounds like I have a few more telephone calls to make...

And, for what it's worth, I'm all sorted out. Woohoo! Just need to be a little more conscious when making reservations I guess!

Edited by terminalmancer
  • Like 4

That's ok, last year I was so excited that a paypal transfer came through to my bank account, so I could get my flight paid for & of course doing it at work on my phone @ 430 AM & then getting home to print the sucker out doesn't always mix!!

The flight I wanted had a stop over in Denver, getting there at 9 or so AM & leaving there at 1030 AM. The flight I booked had me leaving Denver AT 1030 PM......uhhh no. Denver Int is a nice airport but I wasn't waiting around for 12 - 13 hours.... As you said, calls had to be made.

Glad your coming down!!