Sign in to follow this  
chaoshead

Red Box Games Helsvakt

I assume the name mean's "Hel's guards"? Because they look the part.

Nice job on their leathers.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments guys and gals.

Even though the casting wasn't the best they were fun to paint.

@Pingo  --  I can only assume that is what the name means as well.

So nice paint jobs here... ever thought of adding some tattoos? These guys seem to be calling for it... that or Woad.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. 

• Like 1

@Thes Hunter  --  Thank you sir.  I had thought about tattoos for them but was more interested in getting them finished and off of my desk so in the end just said no.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By Adrift
      I tried making them similar, yet dissimilar in a variety of small ways.

They all have irregular freckles on the shoulders and upper arms, and I painted the horns light to dark, or dark to light.

• By Adrift
      Tre Manor is still working to fulfill his Warbands of the Dark Beyond across the pond, but I painted up the zombies to be a higher grade of zombie for my dnd game. I got the chaos bases at ReaperCon and wanted them to look like they were fueled with necrotic energy further powering the zombies!!

• By rubegon
      I got this mini in the Mini Painting 101 class at ReaperCon.  This was our first ReaperCon - my wife and I took the class together.  I’d painted about a dozen minis (badly) for D&D before going to RC.

I like this sculpt, and I wanted to work on improving my basic painting skills.  I decided to keep working on her to see how far I can go.

I’ve spent an embarrassingly large amount of time on her already.  I do feel like I’m learning a lot though and getting better at controlling my brush and getting paint consistency right.

I broke out one of the good brushes I had bought and not touched - a da Vinci Maestro.  I still feel unworthy to use it but maybe it will help me get better.

I’ve done a lot of work on the red armor already, but still need to do some more highlighting.  I think I might have overdone the highlights on the green ropes in some places.  I was planning to glaze them down and redo a bit smaller.

Thanks for taking a look.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback or tips on what I can improve on the parts I’ve worked on already.

Here she is so far - she looks a lot better if you squint.

• By lazarp
      So this is the first time I tried painting freehand on the shield  This is the end result of the conversion: 

And for the conversion part, I didn't like neither this minis pose, nor its weapon choice (pickaxe really???), nor its commie looking (???) sigil on the shield. So I removed the weapon and sanded the shield. I also think that his pose looks a lot more natural as a spear throw than a pickaxe swing.. Also gave him some simple terrain and a quick paint  Thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   36 Members, 0 Anonymous, 239 Guests (See full list)