Sign in to follow this  
Rakumi

have any of your larger bones began to bend from gravity?

A few of my dragons that I have based (unpainted) have started to bend downward.  Particularly the tall upright dragons standing on 2 legs.  Some have even gotten to the point of their heads touching the floor.  Bones material conforms to gravity overtime.  Have any of you had this happen?  What do you do about it?

This is an important quality issue. I have heard of an instance where something similar occurred with a mini stored in a case in sunlight. Which dragons?

Do you have any pictures?

Edited by Kheprera
  • Like 1

I haven't heard of this before. Are there any other environmental factors that could play a role in this, like being exposed to direct sunlight or being in an extremely warm/hot environment?

• Like 1

My bones Narthrax is sagging.  He sits on 2 legs on a rock and has fallen over on the side where the legs are in the air, and has sagged about an inch.  He's in an air conditioned basement that gets little sun.  I think it's a matter of skinny soft plastic legs that can't support the weight of the wings.  I'm going to wire him, once I figure out how. 

• Like 2

Heated brass rod goes into the plastic like it's hot butter.

Make sure you do it in a well ventilated area, and preferably while wearing a respirator since melting plastic fumes are not exactly safe or healthy to inhale.

• Like 3

The issue with Narthrax is that he is crouching and he's bending at the joints. 

Narthrax

So I can't really run a rod straight up his legs.

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 2

No you can't but you could run one through the tail to alleviate some of the weight. Might not work completely but better than nothing?

• Like 3

Is there anything you can paint onto the outside to firm up the legs so that even though the plastic is soft internally the coating prevents the sag.

Would gloss varnish create a strong outside coat just enough to stop movement??

• Like 1

This is an important quality issue. I have heard of an instance where something similar occurred with a mini stored in a case in sunlight. Which dragons?

Do you have any pictures?

The miniatures page wont access on my phone right now so I might be off with the names but Cynder and deathsleet.  Also Nathavar (DDS2) use to stand a little more upright with his tail dragging on the ground, now his tail is about an inch off the ground.  He is slightly leaned forward, but his legs are strong so it seems to have stopped.  My large minis are stored on top of a shelf with basic room temperature.  No direct sun light.  

• Like 2

I meant pictures of your affected minis so we could see what damage was occurring.

As I haven't worked with Bones yet, will leave suggestions to others, but I am interested in this.

• Like 2

This is a known issue for bones when it's too warm. They will bow and bend. Siri had this issue when her AC went out on them a couple months ago.

They can be reshaped heating them back up and cooling down.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

This is a known issue for bones when it's too warm. They will bow and bend. Siri had this issue when her AC went out on them a couple months ago.

Easier said than done when they've been painted and based.

• Like 2

So what is considered "too warm?"

If it's a breezy 80F outside and I open windows and run fans to save $$$ on electric bills, will I need to instead rethink this?

• Like 1

I think Siri's house was in the 90's. My guess from what I've read on the forum is 85+ for extended lengths of time will make them pliable and bend under their own weight.

• Like 2

I think Siri's house was in the 90's. My guess from what I've read on the forum is 85+ for extended lengths of time will make them pliable and bend under their own weight.

Plus being in a glass case in direct sunlight. That increased greenhouse effect is probably what did it in.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrokenWolf668
      So this is fun, because I can show you folks the Christmas presents I'm working on, so it's like I get to give them twice. Anyway, here's my take on her, really enjoyed going for a winter feel.

• By Axolotegaming
      We just launched our campaign for awesome gargantuan dragons, they are 20 cm high, they will look huge compared to 32mm miniatures, the design of every dragon is also unique and different. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dracostudios/dragons-of-the-red-moon

We hope you can join us on this draconic adventure!

• By wickedshifty
      I finished up a year long project recently. Started with white, then blue, then green, then black then finally red...

its been a while journey with these dragons..

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1953336682/fantasy-dragons-miniatures-norbaminiatures?ref=discovery

About
      Welcome Ladies and gentlemen of Norba, to our 4 Kickstarter project. We bring you the best fantasy dragons in the best 3D quality. With 4 years of experience, Norba has become a reference in the miniatures market by offering great miniatures at an incredible price.
      Thanks to our new production system we can guarantee the delivery of the project in only two months. The speed of delivery, the improvement of the material and the final quality of the product is making it possible for Norba to grow every day. and what are you waiting for to join Norba?
      ------------  
      Welcome Ladies and gentlemen of Norba, to our 4 Kickstarter project. We bring you the best fantasy dragons in the best 3D quality. With 4 years of experience, Norba has become a reference in the miniatures market by offering great miniatures at an incredible price.
      Thanks to our new production system we can guarantee the delivery of the project in only two months. The speed of delivery, the improvement of the material and the final quality of the product is making it possible for Norba to grow every day. and what are you waiting for to join Norba?
      This project consists of as you can see of 3 totally different Dragons for our fantasy range. Includes 6 riders of 6 different races and a great Dragon for our range of The Battle of the Ring. The 3 dragons and the dragons with riders include smooth bases.
      Depending on the reward you choose, you will have access to a certain number of unlockables. This information will be below. However, the rewards can be purchased by sponsors of the project.
      ------------  
      This project consists as you can see of 3 totally different Dragons for our fantasy range. Includes 6 riders of 6 different races and a great Dragon for our range of The Battle of the Ring. The 3 dragons and the dragons with rider include smooth bases.
      Depending on the reward you choose, you will have access to a certain number of unlockables. This information will be below. However all the rewards can be purchased by sponsors of the project. 
             PLAY      
    • By Unruly
      First time making an opening post for one of these, so if I do it wrong I'm sorry.

Legendary Dragons: A 5e Supplement
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/782735675/legendary-dragons-a-5th-edition-supplement?ref=user_menu

Red dragons, black dragons, green dragons, gold dragons. They are great, but we’ve seen them before.  What makes a dragon unique among all others of its kin? What is its history, what are its motivations, and most importantly, what makes it legendary? Legendary Dragons answers all this and much, much more!
      Jetpack7 aims to bring back the mystery to Dragons and to make an "ordinary" Dragon encounter... extraordinary!
      12 New Unique Legendary Dragons with Stretch Goals of up to 20 Dragons! We’re cooking up content for your 5th Edition game! You’ll not only have brand new Legendary Dragons and their lore to throw at your players, but some new monsters, too!
      New Dragons New Wyverns New Drakes New Hydras Not only will GMs and Players get 12+ Legendary Dragons (with the option for up to 20), we have some other dragon-related goodies that we are planning:
      New Kobolds New Dragon Races New Lairs Dragon Cults Dragon Riders Dragon Hunters Dragon Hunting Factions Dragon Hunting & Monster Hunting Economies New spell components you can only get by hunting Dragons Enhance existing spells with your new Dragon spell components Dragon hoard Items Dragon Tactics and how to use Dragons effectively in your game! Aerial Combat Options And much, much more… Legendary Dragons is estimated to be at least 100+ pages.
      We also teamed up with some of the best 5E writers in the biz!
      • James J. Haeck: Lead Writer, at D&D Beyond. Co-author Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and the Critical Role Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting. DM of @WorldsApartShow
      • Dan Dillon: Writer, Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex from Kobold Press, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing.
      • Cody Lewis:YouTube creator. D&D Twitch Streamer. Dungeon Master. http://youtube.com/taking20. Mad mind behind Save or Dice.
      • Jim Pinto: Writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol, Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children, World’s Largest Dungeon,Gods and Goddesses, and Masters and Minions.

In our earlier supplements, we didn’t skimp on art. In fact, when Jetpack7 was created, we set out with a goal of having the best art in the industry!
      In Legendary Dragons, you can bet on seeing many full-color, full-page, high-quality art pieces produced with the same care and attention as our other supplements.
      Check out some of the Dragon related art we have done for other companies!
      Insight Check? Wyvern with and without saddle concept Legendary Dragons has some of the most experienced and talented industry vets working on it. Some familiar names and projects are listed here!
      James J. Haeck, Lead Writer, @DnDBeyond. Co-author Waterdeep: Dragon Heist & Critical Role Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting. DM of @WorldsApartShow Dan Dillon, Writer, Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex from Kobold Press, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing. Cody Lewis, YouTube creator. D&D Twitch Streamer. Dungeon Master. http://youtube.com/taking20. Mad mind behind Save or Dice Jim Pinto, Writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol, Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children and World’s Largest Dungeon. David Gene Adams, RPG author that has been making content for D&D since 4th edition. Catch his stuff on the DMsGuild and Jetpack7's blog.
      Daniel Colby, Dungeon Master by day, mad illusionist by night! Blogger and contributor to Jetpack7.
      Aaron Hübrich, Writer/Artist/Designer. Publisher at Jetpack7. Creative director at Conceptopolis, a company that contributed hundreds of art pieces for the Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition core books. Aaron has been playing Dungeons & Dragons since there were yellow character sheets that didn't take to erasers very well... and has fond memories of THAC0.
      Conceptopolis, LLC, Artwork: Major art contributions to Hasbro, Mattel, Marvel, DC, Wizards of the Coast, Lego, Sony, Square Enix, among others.
      Published by Jetpack7: Gods and Goddesses and also Masters and Minions—both successfully funded on Kickstarter. Published and delivered to backers in 2017 and 2018.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)