Reapercon Costuming- Works in Progress!

knarthex

Hey all!

There has been a bit of talk on the cosplay thread about moving the WIP's, so I decided, since my daughter and I have been contributing, to start a new thread.

So, show us your costumes! The start of your costumes! The concept art of your....

You get the Idea!

8)

George

ps: This will let us know each other in a couple of Octobers!

• Like 5

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I can't wait to see everyone's progress photos! I plan on running around as Halloween Sophie. I have a big cosplay I'm about to start working on for Ren Faire this fall - my sylvari character from Guild Wars 2.

Unfortunately, that means I won't be working on Sophie til sometime next year.  :down:

• Like 4

I could show you some pictures of black fabric.... that's about all I have planned right now.

Wondering what facilities are going to be available at the con site for changing in and out of costume. That will be a determining factor for what I bring.

• Like 5

Awesome! I can't wait to see everyone's progress photos! I plan on running around as Halloween Sophie. I have a big cosplay I'm about to start working on for Ren Faire this fall - my sylvari character from Guild Wars 2.

Unfortunately, that means I won't be working on Sophie til sometime next year. :down:

Oooh sylvari? Pics when possible? Screenshot? I'd love to make the t3 human medium armor, but it's beyond my skill

• Like 4

I'd love to! It's not really RCon, so I might try to find another place on the forum for it.

Once I finish up a commission for a friend and my sword, I'll be working on my sylvari. I really just want to skip to her though, she's been one of my dream cosplays since launch!

• Like 2

Wondering what facilities are going to be available at the con site for changing in and out of costume. That will be a determining factor for what I bring.

Same here. That might actually cause me rethink what I'm doing. If changing is going to be a hassle, I might look into what I can comfortably wear for the whole day.

• Like 4

Hey folks!

This is a costume that I do Rarely, as it takes a bit of work, but If I can find what I need over the next year, I will likely do it. I have worn this in Atlanta in the summer at Dragoncon years ago, so I know that I could, wear it all day without to many issues...

It is sans weapons...

TanttheInky.jpg

It is based on my 'Normal' Ren Faire Garb...

post-14271-0-38074900-1439251019_thumb.jpg

The pic is cropped to remove 2 lovely ladies that were at the con...

This is also sans weapons, as Gencon at the time I went had basically a "NO Weapons" policy...

If I do make it, you will see me wear this. This is actually quite comfortable, but can get hot under the sun...

I plan on doing Jack the ripper as my 'Horror themed' costume. I have the top hat, and a Victorian era shirt, as well as some other things...

Anyone know where I can get a Doctors bag like this?

50012_w_1.jpg

50012: Jack the Ripper

Thanks

8)

George

• Like 6

Medical Supply stores should have those doctors bags.

Same here. That might actually cause me rethink what I'm doing. If changing is going to be a hassle, I might look into what I can comfortably wear for the whole day.

They will have bathrooms and that's probably about it.

• Like 2

That means I'll probably be setting up Sophie's wings with a harness of some sort.... Maybe rig a way to make the wings fold in. No sense in poking everyone's eyes out.

I'm hesitant to bring Amaranth (my sylvari), because she requires face/hand paint and more back armor with a harness..... Hmmm. We'll see! One project at a time, haha!

• Like 3

Hey folks!

This is a costume that I do Rarely, as it takes a bit of work, but If I can find what I need over the next year, I will likely do it. I have worn this in Atlanta in the summer at Dragoncon years ago, so I know that I could, wear it all day without to many issues...

It is sans weapons...

TanttheInky.jpg

It is based on my 'Normal' Ren Faire Garb...

attachicon.gifEntreri crop2.jpg

The pic is cropped to remove 2 lovely ladies that were at the con...

This is also sans weapons, as Gencon at the time I went had basically a "NO Weapons" policy...

If I do make it, you will see me wear this. This is actually quite comfortable, but can get hot under the sun...

I plan on doing Jack the ripper as my 'Horror themed' costume. I have the top hat, and a Victorian era shirt, as well as some other things...

Anyone know where I can get a Doctors bag like this?

50012_w_1.jpg

50012: Jack the Ripper

Thanks

8)

George

I have a pic of you from DragonCon my wife and I go every year.

CAH