Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

Hey guys, Joseph McCullough, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has tried out Frostgrave. One of the reasons I wrote the game is that I had been collecting reaper miniatures for years, but since I stopped playing rpgs, they were just gathering dust. I really wanted to get them out and have some fun throwing dice!

Is there any chance of you coming to ReaperCon next year to run this game? That would be kinda cool. And I think there will be several of us there with warbands.

buckyball

• Like 6

$18 on Amazon... wow... I might have to jump on it...

I know, kind of hard not to take a chance on it. It has great reviews all over the interwebz. I are excited.   

Just ordered the rulebook from Book Depository. Hooray for free international shipping!

Awesome!

A fan made an army builder spreadsheet that's very nice. Just google Frostgrave army builder. The link is on the Warseer website. I'm looking forward to playing around with it soon[tm]

• Like 4

Last night I realized that the ruins from the Dragons Don't Share set will make excellent Frostgrave terrain.  Now I wish I hadn't convinced not to buy an extra set.

• Like 4

We've been using my DDS set in almost every game we played. Sometimes as one big piece, sometimes scattered over the table in smaller pieces. I was going to paint it but didn't do a good enough job boiling it earlier. The bad spots curled up on me again. We're used to unpainted minis and half finished terrain here so it's not a big deal.

• Like 2

I just got the rules last week, and did a first solo run-through to get a feel for them a few days ago, using my Reaper Bones minis.    The rules seem like they'll be a lot of fun.

And yes, I have been considering painting up my DDS terrain to use with the rules as well.

photo25.jpg

You can find my battle report here: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2015/09/frozen-bones-frostgrave-battle-report.html

• Like 8

I got the book a few weeks ago and have read through the rules.  I like the variety and the simple, but viscous, rule system.  It feels a lot like Mordheim but I don't believe it will have the experience scaling issues that the GW games had in the past.  The only challenge I have with their experience point system is that it favours the damage dealing wizards.  The buffer/nuance wizards may have a bit of a challenge keeping up.  Oh well.  If it is too much of an issue, we will just house rule a way to fix it.

I am looking forward making terrain for this game.  I just have to finish my other projects which includes a economical version of someone's $1300 castle system.

• Like 2

Buckyball - I would love to come to ReaperCon. That said, as I live in Oxford, UK, it's a long way, and rather expensive. That said, I'm originally from North Carolina, so it is always nice to get back to the land of baseball, mountain dew and reaper minis! 

That said, if Reaper invited me, I would certainly have to consider it (feel free to encourage them, hint, hint!). 

Dungeon Builder - I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Stone Circle in Bones III, so you are not alone! 

MiniCannuk - thanks for the thoughts.  I'd be interested to hear if you think that it does become an issue.  We found that damage dealing wizards do gain levels a bit faster, but also tend to get killed with a hire degree of frequency. That said, it also tends to be true that it takes a pretty large degree of disparity in levels to make a big difference in chances of winning the game.  The only real balance issue I have found is right at the beginning of a campaign - if one player has a big victory over another and spends all of his money buying the best troops possible. Most people won't do that - just because people tend to like to keep their warband matching there figures - but it is something I'm thinking about.

• Like 2

I've heard tell that my FLGS  has a copy or 2; I may have to find an excuse to go on a 'fact finding mission'.

• Like 3

Got a shipping notice for my book yesterday, so with any luck I might have it by next weekend. Probably about time to start getting some terrain painted.

• Like 1