Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

I picked up Frostgrave intending to have a game that allows me to use my existing painted collection.

So why am I feeling the need to custom select a new bunch of figures from Reaper?

• Like 10

I picked up Frostgrave intending to have a game that allows me to use my existing painted collection.

So why am I feeling the need to custom select a new bunch of figures from Reaper?

One of us, one of us, one of us.  /monotone

• Like 7

Because you're a gamer and that's what we do!

• Like 6

Well, as I wait on some new pewter, I have stripped and am repainting 14590: Liela Mordollwen, Dark Elf Sorceress.  I originally had her as a wood elf, now back to a dark drow witch as Werner intended her.

I know, drow aren't in the Frostgrave fluff, but news of all the magical loot made it to the Underdark and I've a warband planned to take all from the dirty, insignificant surface dwellers.

• Like 5

Does anyone remember the old Mordenhiem miniatures? These are what I use for Frostgrave flunkies. The nice thing about these figures is that they are customizable. So if you need 3 bowmen and 3 regular fighters you can just make them. The chests from that game are also useful but the box only came with 3. Oh and the terrain. The ruined buildings rock.

buckyball

• Like 6

Does anyone remember the old Mordenhiem miniatures? These are what I use for Frostgrave flunkies. The nice thing about these figures is that they are customizable. So if you need 3 bowmen and 3 regular fighters you can just make them. The chests from that game are also useful but the box only came with 3. Oh and the terrain. The ruined buildings rock.

buckyball

That was indeed a very nice kit, lots of opportunities for modelling unique and varied characters. It seems like North Star were channeling it a bit while making the Frostgrave soldiers kit, which I'd like to pick up at some point.

Also, super stoked for a bard/minstrel option. I've got a few minis that would work nicely.

Edited by Dai-Mongar
  • Like 5

Mordheim will always be a great game, and "Frostgrave" seems heavily inspired by it.

The Mordheim Mercs kit actually blends well with the Frostgrave Soldiers, too.  And is sort of still in print via the Warhammer Empire Free Company kit (more of the main sprue, none of the Accessories or Hairy Heads/Middenheim sprues)

• Like 3

*checks tracking*

Updated delivery date 9/28

Previous estimated delivery date 10/7-14

*taps finger*

HURRY UP!! I want to talk about Frostgrave, and I don't have anything to talk about yet!!

• Like 5