Sign in to follow this  
Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

Just completed a quick and simple terrain cloth for my Frostgrave games, using a silicon trivet to stamp on a hint of ancient cobblestones, and some white and blue spray paint to add that frozen look.

<snip>

If you'd like to read more about it, or see more pictures, please see my blog:

http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2015/10/quick-and-easy-frostgrave-terrain-cloth.html

Nice!

I posted some pics of the terrain I've started on up in the craft:terrain forum.

• Like 2

You're off to a great start David!

I worked on knocking out a quick cork-based ruin this weekend to check how it would look, and I'm very pleased with the result. However, I think I shouldn't have put the ruin on the big rounded "dirt" foamcore base, as it doesn't quite fit the city-scape look. I was thinking in terms of how I usually construct buildings for use in a more natural setting.  I think any future ruins I make will be on a more structured squared base, painted like stone.

IMG_5572.JPG

IMG_5597.JPG

• Like 13

As any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology, anyone tried to play this as a SciFi game?

I have seen some super blog write-ups of Frostgrave used to play Star War games, where instead of a Wizards and Apprentices it is a Jedi and Padawan vs a Sith and Apprentice. A google search of "Star Wars Frostgrave" should turn them up.

Edit:

Here's the battle report: http://www.freewebs.com/norrins/risingsalvation.htm

And here's the rules mods they used: http://www.freewebs.com/norrins/apps/blog/show/43530052-using-frostgrave-for-star-wars-gaming-

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

I picked up Frostgrave intending to have a game that allows me to use my existing painted collection.

So why am I feeling the need to custom select a new bunch of figures from Reaper?

Exactly this.  I've been painting a long time and I still had to order stuff for two different warbands.

• Like 4

My terrain just needs snow added. Plus: it ALL fits in the bin I bought for it.

Also, those snow mats they sell for Christmas dioramas really don't work for Wargaming.

I also seriously over-bought for my and my son's warbands.

• Like 6

My terrain just needs snow added. Plus: it ALL fits in the bin I bought for it.

Also, those snow mats they sell for Christmas dioramas really don't work for Wargaming.

I also seriously over-bought for my and my son's warbands.

Pics or it didn't happen!

• Like 1

My local internet retailer ...

local.

internet.

retailer.

I am so confused.

Local as in "not foreign". "Domestic internet retailer" could work I suppose, but I don't think that's really any less confusing.

Point being, I don't have to order Frostgrave stuff from overseas. Which is nice. :blush:

• Like 6