Sign in to follow this  
Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

I've definitely been digging through my Bones looking for good minis for warbands... Now if only I had time to actually paint some...

It's a really solid rules system, and a fun game. I'm looking forward to actually getting into a campaign with it.

• Like 4

Hm. Where do I find Elsa in 28mm? And Ana, for an apprentice... already know where to find Olaf... hm. Who makes reindeer?

• Like 5

Hm. Where do I find Elsa in 28mm? And Ana, for an apprentice... already know where to find Olaf... hm. Who makes reindeer?

Damn, I've seen some before. They were being used for Frostgrave, too. They're definitely out there.

Edit: Well I'll be, they're from North Star. They're called "Young Fire Elementalists".

img7556.jpg

Edited by Dai-Mongar
  • Like 8

I finally started working on my "Thaw of the Lich Lord" stuff that came in...the Cultists box are a phenomenal kit.   Useful for the base game and a ton of other stuff.

• Like 4

Elsa:  Hannah Blackruby or Arcanimirim

Anna: Ostarzha or Juliette

Olaf: Snowman from Winter Mouselings

Marshmallow: Crystal Golem

Sven: Darksword's Ancient Stag

Kristof: Barbarian Spear Thrower

Okay, spent a little too much time on this.   :lol:

Have to admit, I'm a bit shocked.  Until today, I never realized how hard it is to find a fantasy model with pigtails.  That North Star Elementalist may be the only one.

• Like 3

Reading through this topic has got me excited for a minis game again, I ordered the Frostgrave book, and have started assembling my first warband. My wizard will be Snow the Savior from the kingdom death kickstarter. Still working on the rest. I want to make a hobgoblin warband when bones 3 rolls in. Another of my group also is getting into Frostgrave and this is pushing the rest in as well.

• Like 5

I finally started working on my "Thaw of the Lich Lord" stuff that came in...the Cultists box are a phenomenal kit. Useful for the base game and a ton of other stuff.

I think the Frostgrave plastic kits will be top of my shopping list in the new year.

• Like 2

Yeah, the Cultists and Soldiers are perfectly swappable with each other...the Undead parts in the Cultists were aimed as such, and you got an extra sprue of Soldiers during the Nickstarter for that.

They're very close in size to the Mordheim plastics, though the necks would have to be filed down on GW stuff.  The Frostgrave guys have slightly thinner arms but it's not a huge difference.

The Undead arms/heads fit perfectly on Cadian Imperial Guard, too...I'll get a few Plague Zombies out of that.

• Like 3