Sign in to follow this  
Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

Where would I find this errata? I'm workin' out of the Kindle edition.

• Like 1

Osprey have a page of gaming resources on their website. Also has a quick reference sheet, wizard sheet and printable spell cards.

• Like 4

You get a strong built in narrative with Frostgrave as well, which can help people get into a game.

That's what made me decide to ask for the game for Christmas. (I got it. Wonderful wife is wonderful. ::P: ) The "go in and slaughter each other" thing is fine, but I really like games where there's some kind of actual story or motivation, and I kept seeing things where people were talking about different Frostgrave scenarios, the whole campaign thing, etc... My son's like me, he needs some kind of story to make a game engaging, so I figured there was a good chance I'd be able to get him into it at some point and have a handy opponent. ::): (He says he's interested, but we'll see.)

Anyway. I just got the game, have a couple new terrain pieces made out of Hirst Arts blocks, haven't actually tried playing yet. ::): Looking forward to it though!

• Like 6

Osprey have a page of gaming resources on their website. Also has a quick reference sheet, wizard sheet and printable spell cards.

It is also pinned at the top of the Frostgrave FB page.

• Like 4

You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir. But you already knew that.

• Like 6

There's also a lot of resources over at the Lead Adventure forum. They have a very active Frostgrave sub-forum. 

• Like 2

What sort of minis are you all using for thugs? Minimally armoured fighters wielding single hand weapons without shields seem surprisingly uncommon.

• Like 1

I actually didn't take any.  I have no problem with proxying; just make sure your opponent knows what fig is what soldier. 

I'm going to have to paint up some of my Red Box Games brigands for a warband.  They would appear to be custom made for this game.

ETA:  There are a bunch of pirates that don't wear armor and carry one weapon.

• Like 4

Weirdly enough, last time the Box of Goodwill came through, there were several sprues of dark age soldiers in there. I coated their chainmail to convert it to padded/leather, and left off the shields.

• Like 4

I actually didn't take any. I have no problem with proxying; just make sure your opponent knows what fig is what soldier.

I'm going to have to paint up some of my Red Box Games brigands for a warband. They would appear to be custom made for this game.

ETA: There are a bunch of pirates that don't wear armor and carry one weapon.

Pirates! Why didn't I think of that?

• Like 2

What sort of minis are you all using for thugs? Minimally armoured fighters wielding single hand weapons without shields seem surprisingly uncommon.

I picked up a box of Games Workshop Empire Militia. They are great for making lightly-armored single weapon wielding troops. There is also an arm included in the set holding a dagger, so I was able to make a couple Thieves as well.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

I'm using a combo of Games Workshop's Empire militia & Bretonian infantry, as well as the official Frostgrave Cultist and Soldiers.But yeah, there is a serious lack of lightly armored figures with single weapons out there...  

• Like 3