Frostgrave

Gailbraithe

Had to finish unpacking - couldn't remember what I bought.  Got a box of Frostgrave Warriors, a box of Cultists, and a couple of the wizards & apprentices (plus rules).  My friend picked up rules, a couple of bones wizards, a zombie and a demon.  Need to finish reading through the rules and start building terrain.  Won't have time for a game until May though.

• Like 4

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to finish unpacking - couldn't remember what I bought.  Got a box of Frostgrave Warriors, a box of Cultists, and a couple of the wizards & apprentices (plus rules).  My friend picked up rules, a couple of bones wizards, a zombie and a demon.  Need to finish reading through the rules and start building terrain.  Won't have time for a game until May though.

That's only a month away. Better get painting/building!

• Like 2

Hey guys - Osprey are aware that there was a binding problem with some of the copies from one of the early print runs, and they have been replacing those bad copies.  Just send a photograph of the book damage to [email protected] and they will sort you out.

Really?? Good on them!

I just e-mailed them, as my binding has started to come apart as well.  :down:

Hey guys - Osprey are aware that there was a binding problem with some of the copies from one of the early print runs, and they have been replacing those bad copies. Just send a photograph of the book damage to [email protected] and they will sort you out.

Really?? Good on them!

I just e-mailed them, as my binding has started to come apart as well. :down:
They sent my replacement out the next day. Took a couple of weeks to arrive as it had to traverse the big pond but the replacement was indeed better bound. Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 2

Some cool new minis on the way soon with the new expansion "Into the Breeding Pits", in case people hadn't seen them yet.

New wizard and apprentice - Beastcrafter(?)

12994343_1246701028692130_98478516343182

New sculpts for Elementalists

12963459_1246701142025452_17133866083606

Trap expert and tunnel fighter

12932965_1246701305358769_43549981991124

Gnoll chieftain

12932737_1246699815358918_19783319643728

• Like 7

Curious what the quality is like in the branded Frostgrave miniature line. Mainly curious are they in line size-wise say with Reaper or other normal fantasy lines. Looking at the large wooden golem.

thanks!

Curious what the quality is like in the branded Frostgrave miniature line. Mainly curious are they in line size-wise say with Reaper or other normal fantasy lines. Looking at the large wooden golem.

thanks!

I saw some recently on a display rack. I only eyeballed them, but they looked about standard size, compatible with Reaper et al.

• Like 3

thanks!

I saw some recently on a display rack. I only eyeballed them, but they looked about standard size, compatible with Reaper et al.

Yup. They fit right in, size-wise. 

• Like 3

thanks!

Things like the Golem which doesn't need to match a specific "real-life" size should be fine.  In general though the Frostgrave stuff runs a little smaller than Reaper.  Quality wise I'd say they are comparable.

Here is a photo showing, L to R: Frostgrave plastic soldier, Reaper Bones figure, Frostgrave plastic soldier, Reaper Bones figure, Frostgrvae metal Rangifer.

IMG_6803.jpg

These are just figures I grabbed randomly off my painting table.  Note, while all the figures are mounted on washers, I also glued the Frostgrave soldiers to the 1" plastic bases that come with them to add a little extra height.

Edit:  I just wanted to add that I found that Rangifer metal models to be extra fiddley to assemble; with the head, left arm, and both antlers being all separate pieces.  For figures intended to be played with, I wish they had constructed them a little more solidly.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4

Well the large wooden golem looks like a solid piece so I'm not worried about but totally understand. Thanks for the pics that helps out quite a bit. Now to decide if I wanna proxy that fig or make one out of Sculpy.... :rock:

• Like 2

I randomly got a $15 coupon from Warlord and applied that to the main rulebook which is on it's way. I already own a box of the soldiers, which as has been pointed out are more like maybe 25mm. I'll largely be converting mine into hobgoblins and maybe a few D&D style orcs, though I might sculpt the legs out a little longer so they don't look tiny next to human-sized adventurers.

I'm looking forward to the Gnolls as well but between the ToEE plastics and Bones gnolls, I'm not sure how well the FG ones will work if they're vastly undersized. Tre's sculpts are really nice but they tend to be on the big size and the D&D ones are even bigger.  Makes me wonder how big the Hasselfree ones are too..

• Like 4