Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

Are trees appropriate terrain for Frostgrave? E.g: Is it too soon after the thaw for trees..?..are dead trees more appropriate?

• Like 3

Are trees appropriate terrain for Frostgrave? E.g: Is it too soon after the thaw for trees..?..are dead trees more appropriate?

I use them. Because magic.

Yeah, there's no set rule. Everyone's interpretation of how frozen the Frozen City actually is, is different. I have no trees and very little wood actually; just lots of stone, figuring that after 1000 years under snow there would be very little structural wood left. Others set up tables that look little different than a work-a-day European village that just experienced a light snow. There is no right or wrong, it's how ever you want to interpret it.

• Like 2

I thought some of you would enjoy seeing this guy's Gothic Horror themed Frostgrave game using classic Hollywood movie monsters.  I like how he used villagers as the treasure tokens.

http://www.freewebs.com/norrins/gothichorror.htm

That was great. Thanks for posting. I don't have a blog, so I was considering a posting my solo battle report on a thread here.
  • Like 3

I thought some of you would enjoy seeing this guy's Gothic Horror themed Frostgrave game using classic Hollywood movie monsters.  I like how he used villagers as the treasure tokens.

That was great. Thanks for posting. I don't have a blog, so I was considering a posting my solo battle report on a thread here.

I think that would be great. I'd love to read it.

• Like 2

Who's to say that a wizard didn't create a magical garden of trees that are perfectly green all the time?

• Like 5

I mean evergreen trees are pretty much EVERGREEN....

I kind of like trees on the table, brings a pop of color and nature to the otherwise "lifeless" city.

• Like 2

Very cool, thank you!

@Silvervane---yes, please post up your battle report; I'd like to read it, too.

RE: trees in Frostgrave---I'd say it's up to personal preference.

Also, Frostgrave is generic enough that you can play the game in other settings with basically just minimal flavor text changes.

(Desertgrave, Junglegrave, etc.)

ETA---IMO, anyway.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 3

Thanks, I plan to do a quick test set up tonight.  Then tomorrow give the 1st scenario a go.  The uhh... scenery pieces are not exactly painted yet.  But if I wait till I do that, I'll never play the game.

• Like 3

If I recall correctly, the idea was that the flavor of the game was left pretty separate from the rules, so that weird settings and warbands could all be used.

• Like 5

If I recall correctly, the idea was that the flavor of the game was left pretty separate from the rules, so that weird settings and warbands could all be used.

Well heck that Halloween setup proves this one. ::):

Thinking of maybe pickin the book up before RCon, give me something to read on the trip down.

• Like 2

That got me thinking if it might be possible to only slightly mod the rules for a psychic modern / future game. Though I should finish my board a play a game before I go down that rabbit hole.

• Like 3

That got me thinking if it might be possible to only slightly mod the rules for a psychic modern / future game. Though I should finish my board a play a game before I go down that rabbit hole.

Silvervane- someone already modified the rules for Star Wars and Force powers. You can check out the links I posted earlier in this thread:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63635-frostgrave/?p=1403371

• Like 2

Silvervane- someone already modified the rules for Star Wars and Force powers. You can check out the links I posted earlier in this thread:http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63635-frostgrave/?p=1403371

Thanks, yeah that is what got me thinking about it. I was thinking something like shadowrun.
  • Like 2