Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

That got me thinking if it might be possible to only slightly mod the rules for a psychic modern / future game. Though I should finish my board a play a game before I go down that rabbit hole.

Silvervane- someone already modified the rules for Star Wars and Force powers. You can check out the links I posted earlier in this thread:http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63635-frostgrave/?p=1403371

Thanks, yeah that is what got me thinking about it. I was thinking something like shadowrun.

I told my Group about this and they nearly destroyed my phone asking about it. 

I had to put all the links on my FROSTGRAVE REFERENCE material.

• Like 3

To support Into the Breeding Pits, there are free downloadable dungeon tiles available in the gaming resources section of the Osprey website. Neat!

• Like 5

To support Into the Breeding Pits, there are free downloadable dungeon tiles available in the gaming resources section of the Osprey website. Neat!

Nice! Another reason to finish up my old Mage knight dungeon set ups as well.

• Like 3

You might also consider checking out this currently running Kickstarter that Reaper is co-running:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69716-secret-weapon-tablescapes-dungeons-mines/

It's a really good price for the Core Set. I'm getting a couple Core sets to use with Into the Breeeding Pits.

• Like 5

Got to play in the second game of the FLGS's Frostgrave Campaign this past Sunday.  There were four of us playing on  a 4'x6' table.  We decided to play the Mausoleum scenario from the core rulebook, but instead of only one Mausoleum, since there were four of us, we included two.

For one of the Mausoleums we used the half-sunk and rotting ship hull I had built (which would disgorge skeletal pirates!), and for the other we used a small church building.  We set up the treasure and the starting skeletons as per the rulebook

My Chronomancer, the elf, Colonel Greyrain, and his human Apprentice, Guenevere Kirov, entered on the side of the table containing the small church Mausoleum.  Across from me was the Summoner, and to my left was the Enchanter.  Diagonally across from me was the Necromancer.

For the complete report and photos, please see my blog: Time, Ice & Magic

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

• Like 11

Just wanted to let you all know, I will be running a Frostgrave game Friday night at the Fall-In gaming convention in Lancaster, PA this November: http://hmgs.site-ym.com/?page=fihome

And at our club's regional con, Barrage, on Friday night, Sept. 30th: https://www.hawks-barrage.org

Would love to see some Reaper forum folk in my games!

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

As mentioned in my post above, I ran my Frostgrave games this weekend at our club's regional gaming con, and both went really well.  I had a full house of 6 players for each game, most of whom were new folks who had not played the game before. Everyone, including me, had a blast!  

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3501.jpg

• Like 7

Froggy-

The ship along the wharf was originally a wood model of a Napoleonic ship under construction. I consider it one of my luckiest flea market finds, since it so perfectly fills the role of rotting Frostgrave hulk. The half sunk ships in the harbor are two ends of the same ship which was an old gaming model pirate ship made from some kind of dense foam material. You can see pictures of them in their original state in my Frostgrave Terrain thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65327-chriss-frostgrave-terrain-efforts/?p=1261976

For some better pictures of the captive banshee made from Kaladrax parts, you can look here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65327-chriss-frostgrave-terrain-efforts/?p=1414147

• Like 3

Spoiler

Shivering, I pulled my cloak tighter around me as I hurried toward the door.  "Weird, I thought it was supposed to get warmer this time of year, not colder, and this snow is truly odd.  We went the entire winter with hardly a flake and now we are getting hit?"

It had been a long day dealing with advisers, counselors, and adversaries, and the trek home had been slow at best, but at least I could sit back, relax, and enjoy a pint with my evening meal.  I shut the door behind me, hoping to prevent any of the heat from escaping to the frigid outdoors.  Removing the cloak I paused as I spied the package on the table before me.  Even sitting inside, it was still dusted with frost and the table itself seemed to be growing a thin layer of ice.  

"Ariel!  When did this package arrive?" I called to my assistant.  Hearing no response, and concerned since she usually greeted as I returned home, I forgot the package for a moment and went in search of her.  Walking from room to room I finally found her in the den, wrapped in blankets next to a roaring fire, only her nose and eyes visible. Even under the blankets I could see she was shivering despite the inferno coming from the hearth.  What ailment has fallen upon her I wondered as the sweltering heat of the fire cause sweat to roll down my face.

"What's wrong Ariel? Its hotter than Hades in here yet there you sit shivering!"  She stared at me for nearly a minute, a distant, blank look on her face and I swear I saw a line of frost start to creep up her cheek.  At last, she blinked and lowered the blankets just enough to speak through lips tinged with blue.

"I - I dunno.  C-can't get warm.  Ever since that package arrived and I placed it on the table I've been frozen to the bone.  The last three hours its been all I could do to keep feeling in my limbs."  Dumbfounded I turned back toward the entryway and the table that held the package.  What sorcery could this possibly be?  More to the point, who would wish to inflict such sorcery upon myself and Ariel?  Cautiously I made my way back to the package and observed that the ice on the table had spread in the short time I had been away.  

Three hours?  Three hours inside and still it was spreading ice and still the package was coated with frost?  How could this be?  Sliding gloves over my hands I removed several instruments from my bag.  I'm going to have to be careful with this I thought to myself.  Using a pair of tongs I touched the package, turning it just a bit before pulling the tongs away.  Despite only a brief contact with the package I could feel a chill run up through the tongs and into my glove covered fingers.  Setting the tongs aside I leaned closer to the package, inspecting it, and feeling a bitter breeze blowing into my face from the package.  Shivering I observed the label and frowned, even more confused.  It appeared as though this mysterious package had arrived from a distant rain forest to the South.  That made no sense, how could something with such a chill air about it originate from such a hot climate?

Looking closer I could see a mechanism designed to open the package and reveal its contents.  Despite my growing curiosity, I hesitated.  If the package could cause this much trouble while still sealed, what could it do if I opened it?  As I thought it over, I checked on Ariel again, her nose redder than even just a few moments ago and the frost on her cheeks continuing to grow.  Looking back at the package I was still concerned, but even more, I was concerned that the answers to Ariel's ailment may lay inside the package.  As I considered this I absently flexed my fingers and noted that I was having trouble feeling them.  If there was any doubt before, my mind was made up then.  I'd still have to be careful, but it seemed I had already passed the point of no return.  

Prior to opening the package I poured myself a drink.  "The Glenlivet" the bottle read.  "Well, a little fire for the belly can't possibly hurt."  I said to myself.  I took out a pair of forceps and grabbed the tab designed to open the package.  With a firm pull the tab separated the package along its length.  I stepped back as a cloud of fog billowed up from the package with an audible sigh and mingled with the cloud coming from face as I exhaled.  Using the tongs I pulled the sides of the package aside to reveal its contents.  Inside was a grimoire coated in frost, completely obscuring any identifying information.  I took another sip of my drink, "More fire for the belly." and grabbed a soft cloth and using the tongs executed slow, practiced swipes across the face of the grimoire, smiling as the frost gave way and at last a title could was revealed.

Frostgrave

As I opened the grimoire the chill began to dissipate and a frozen city and its wonders revealed itself to me.  I heard Ariel stir in the distance, saying something about being hot, but I took no notice, for I was already lost in the Frozen City.  

For those who don't want to read the wall of text behind the spoiler:  Yeah, just got my copy of Frostgrave, can't wait to dig into the rules and start playing!

• Like 7