Gailbraithe

Frostgrave

Just saw that the author of Frostgrave now plans to publish a periodic Frostgrave magazine in PDF form, and thought some of you might be interested.  

The Spellcaster

I'm interested to see the new horse rules...

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

Here are some photos of my Frostgrave warband from a game I played yesterday.

leader.thumb.jpg.5ce773031f207e642b36aebf732e1f41.jpgleader2.thumb.jpg.b3f272626d99a0880145258c812dc104.jpg

Here are some photos of my current Frostgrave warband from a game I played yesterday.

faction.thumb.jpg.2faf15c26e340ac03117166a1ab8e971.jpg

barbarian.thumb.jpg.2c378e3f459f05a402ebd6e84a3be761.jpg

advance.thumb.jpg.88040d27967313d47407aed616504aca.jpg

buckyball

• Like 12

I really like the look of you're figures! Suitably attired for exploring the frozen city. 

And that's some nice looking terrain as well! 

How'd the game go? 

Edited by Chris Palmer

I like how they look Bucky.

Also looks like I'll be running some Frostgrave demos at my buddy's store sometime in the near future.  I'll have to make sure I've got enough stuff together.  Maybe it will get me off me arse and get me back painting.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

I really like the look of you're figures! Suitably attired for exploring the frozen city. 

And that's some nice looking terrain as well! 

How'd the game go? 

The base troops are Eskimo that a friend I was playing against gave me like 8 years ago.

saturdaymorning2.jpg.9b57489dd9a14eaade69dba569ce6430.jpg

• Like 6

We experimented with something in the last game. Instead of rolling a d20 for combat we used 2d10. This created more of a bell curve distribution. I am not sure it changed the game that much. There were still blow out rolls where someone rolled a 19 or 20 and destroyed the opposing figure in one round.

buckyball

• Like 4

Anyone else pick up Spellcaster? Kinda wish that a clean copy of the cover art was provided like Dragon used to do.

• Like 1

I haven't yet, but I will be.

A question for all you Frostgrave types:

I know there's no rule for this, but what is the opinion on changing figures in a warband?

Example: I have an archer. After a successful foray into the city, I find a large amount of gold. I 'upgrade' him to a ranger. Do I use the same figure and just tell everyone of the difference, or get a new figure?

Edited by Chaoswolf
typo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I know there's no rule for this, but what is the opinion on hanging figures in a warband?

Example: I have an archer. After a successful foray into the city, I find a large amount of gold. I 'upgrade' him to a ranger. Do I use the same figure and just tell everyone of the difference, or get a new figure?

Eh, I've done both. As long as the mini works, it works. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Eh, I've done both. As long as the mini works, it works. 

I agree.  You either 'promote' the existing guy or hire some one new.  Mechanicly it doesn't matter, narrative ly it might.

• Like 3

On 7/5/2017 at 11:41 PM, buckyball said:

We experimented with something in the last game. Instead of rolling a d20 for combat we used 2d10. This created more of a bell curve distribution. I am not sure it changed the game that much. There were still blow out rolls where someone rolled a 19 or 20 and destroyed the opposing figure in one round.

buckyball

What significance does rolling 1 have in Frostgrave? Obviously, 2d10 eliminates that. 

55 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Anyone else pick up Spellcaster? Kinda wish that a clean copy of the cover art was provided like Dragon used to do.

I just bought it, reading it now.

J--

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I know there's no rule for this, but what is the opinion on changing figures in a warband?

I'll just add my agreement to what the others have said; I've done both. For my current warband, I've just promoted everyone and used the same figure, except for one who I chaned from a Thug to a Barbarian who uses a different weapon type. So I felt I should reflect the new twohanded weapon. 

I've also reused a figure for a warband that was killed, just bringing them back as their twin.   

1 hour ago, TGP said:

What significance does rolling 1 have in Frostgrave? Obviously, 2d10 eliminates that. 

I don't think there is any rule-based significance.   

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 2