DC Comics Batgirl & Huntress - Knight Models

Drifter

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool!

You could use some sandpaper (cut to size), primed up, and then painted up as a city street concrete color, use some miliiput or green stuff to make a curb and even a sidewalk. Something like that would be quick and easy.

For the other, maybe a rooftop, make some shingles out of some thin but strong cardboard.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 7

Very cool!

You could use some sandpaper (cut to size), primed up, and then painted up as a city street concrete color, use some miliiput or green stuff to make a curb and even a sidewalk. Something like that would be quick and easy.

For the other, maybe a rooftop, make some shingles out of some thin but strong cardboard.

Thanks ^^

And oh nice, the sand paper idea sounds promising. I've got enough of it kicking around, so I'll definitely give that a go when I get some time ^^

• Like 2

Very cool!

Thanks ^^

And oh nice, the sand paper idea sounds promising. I've got enough of it kicking around, so I'll definitely give that a go when I get some time ^^

It's a quick and easy way to do it, just make sure to use an old brush that you don't care about otherwise it'll ruin a good brush. 

• Like 2

Thanks ^^
I'm leaning towards street level mainly because of the gaming table we have at our gaming store for the DC game. Its set out on the street front right outside Arkham Asylum, so I figure they'll fit in better that way

I'll see how the mood takes me when I go to do them though, may end up on the roof afterall ^^

• Like 2

Very nice!

For the Huntress, I would suggest just gluing some very fine sand and paint it black with a dark gray dry brush and it should like the asphalt they use on roofs. For Batgirl, I'd suggest laying down  thin layer of green stuff and then scribe some straight lines in it to make it look like concrete sidewalk. You can even glue some grass in the scribed in cracks to look like it's growing through the concrete. Use some taller grass for weeds.

Or like I did with these. The concrete curb is just green stuff with static grass for the rest and the street is  just green stuff to fill in the slot, sanded smooth and painted black to look like the street.

post-5674-0-53705300-1439346138_thumb.jpg

post-5674-0-24938500-1439346161_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I like batman comics.

That Huntress mini is awesome. Both are painted very well.

But she's on my wishlist now.

Thanks ^^

Huntress is a lovely figure

Very nice!

For the Huntress, I would suggest just gluing some very fine sand and paint it black with a dark gray dry brush and it should like the asphalt they use on roofs. For Batgirl, I'd suggest laying down  thin layer of green stuff and then scribe some straight lines in it to make it look like concrete sidewalk. You can even glue some grass in the scribed in cracks to look like it's growing through the concrete. Use some taller grass for weeds.

Or like I did with these. The concrete curb is just green stuff with static grass for the rest and the street is  just green stuff to fill in the slot, sanded smooth and painted black to look like the street.

Thank you ^^

Those look awesome. Very tempted to try the curb for Batgirl now

• Like 3