Beagle

Song of Blades: Hammer and Forge

Advanced Song of Blades & Heroes is a new edition of the game that, among other things, opens up more tactical options. It's more complex than SBH has been in the past, but it's still a pretty streamlined game. The core rules for ASBH are contained in the Fightin' Fungi rulebook. The new dwarf book won't have the core rules, but they will also be available as a separate, stand-alone book.

And I'll say what I did when the Fightin' Fungi KS was underway: SBH is an ideal game system for all of those minis from the past two Bones Kickstarters, and for the Bones 3 minis once they arrive next year. It may be the best skirmish-level fantasy ruleset out there (next to Warlord, of course!  :;): ).

Edited by Arbiter10
  • Like 3

How does it work with the supplements, like Song of Gold and Darkness, for example? Or did they just mash all of those into this?

Dang it, I felt all smart answering your first question. And then you had to go and ask a follow-up.  :lol: 

In this case, I'll have to defer to someone else who knows more about this than I do. 

• Like 1

Songs of Blades and Heroes is what started me down the fantasy path, and Reaper Bones are what I used. 

Andrea is a great guy and he puts out a good product.  I'll back this kickstarter (who doesn't like dwarves?) but the next time Reaper does one, I'll have to take a loan out on my soul or something...

• Like 3

I'm in, grabbed an early bird Lord of Battle .. but now I'm kind of wish I had grabbed an early bird collector to get the rules too.  As for the minis, the first ones to really catch my eye are the outcast barbarians.

• Like 2

How does it work with the supplements, like Song of Gold and Darkness, for example? Or did they just mash all of those into this?

I'm experimenting with the Song of Gold and Darknees and the Song of Deeds and Glory (I edited their Fightin Fungi warband builder).  It looks like they'll fit together nicely, since one adds to the game.  There are some hiccups that I'm playtesting with regards to certain spellcasters, but otherwise I think they'll work just fine. 

Advanced Song of Blades & Heroes is a new edition of the game that, among other things, opens up more tactical options. It's more complex than SBH has been in the past, but it's still a pretty streamlined game. The core rules for ASBH are contained in the Fightin' Fungi rulebook. The new dwarf book won't have the core rules, but they will also be available as a separate, stand-alone book.

And I'll say what I did when the Fightin' Fungi KS was underway: SBH is an ideal game system for all of those minis from the past two Bones Kickstarters, and for the Bones 3 minis once they arrive next year. It may be the best skirmish-level fantasy ruleset out there (next to Warlord, of course!  :;): ).

Agreed!  I plan on using a lot of proxies for Warlord, even though I play with round bases (yes, I know, square are the actual rules in Warlord, but I prefer rounds).

Songs of Blades and Heroes is what started me down the fantasy path, and Reaper Bones are what I used. 

Andrea is a great guy and he puts out a good product.  I'll back this kickstarter (who doesn't like dwarves?) but the next time Reaper does one, I'll have to take a loan out on my soul or something...

I know a guy about that soul thing...  ::P::   Seriously, I am hoping to relax for a bit on KS.  These are my two KS I'm backing this summer.  I run limited funds as is, and this and Bones 3 really stretched me thin, but I think they will be worth it in the end.

• Like 1

I am tempted for the rules but my group doesn't seem interested in skirmish games, sadly. I may get the pdfs anyway.

• Like 2