Sirithiliel

Ral Partha Checkmate Dragon

Seen this one around before, always thought it was a conversion job, rather than production ^^;

Very much looking forward to seeing what you do with him, will be following with interest :)

• Like 1

Nice.  I've always liked the way that the wizard is using the dragon's tail as a chair. This is one of those pieces that really make me wonder about the back story of the two figures.

• Like 6

Nice.  I've always liked the way that the wizard is using the dragon's tail as a chair. This is one of those pieces that really make me wonder about the back story of the two figures.

heehee i now, i love it. i have a few small additions to make to it, that I've ordered from Reaper and am just waiting to come in  :devil: 

and i already know the colors i'm painting everything XD this is a mini i've long though of what i'd do with it if i was lucky to get one

• Like 9

I wanted my dragon head to have a biiiit more personality, so I adjusted the jaw when gluing it, making it hang open wider. I also had the horns point directly back rather than straight up like antennae...because that's always bothered me about this mini.

it's shown here propped up on other minis to make sure the green stuff sets properly

post-12758-0-56339200-1439408636_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-26237700-1439408639_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-08652600-1439408641_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-39703200-1439408643_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      A large mini ragepainted sloppyfast in under an hour just to blow off some steam and get it off the tray it has been standing around for ages on.
      Well, large mini I say. Compared to most other dragons of the Bones kickstarters, this one is rather smallish.
      However, back in the day when heavy metal was king, this mini would be considered a large miniature of a dragon.

pics below the clicks

• By lazarp
      Just finished the wizard for my upcoming mordheim/frostgrave orc warband! Hope you like him 

• By Mutilatedlips
      Painted this for the Lost Mines of Phandelver module that I am running.  Venomfang will be reoccuring throughout their adventures. 
      I painted this faster than usual, but would not call it speed pained because it still took me about a month. I put a bit more into it than my usual speed paints, but a little less than others. It is always hard from me to take pics of larger models, probably should have taken this one outside, may have benefited from the background trees and grass more than most other models. 

• By Inarah
      Did a little painting today to calm my nerves before the con.  Experimented with several brands of metallic paint.  Photos are not great, but you get the idea. 

• By Nightwing
      This is the Wizard from Grenadier’s Wizards box set circa 1980. Most of the minis from the set were called variations like Sorcerer, Illusionist, Magician, and Warlock. But there are also 2 druids and a cleric included. 

I painted all the minis from the set in my teens, then wanted to repaint them in my early 20’s so I had my friend sandblast(!) the paint off. That eroded much of the detail. So the detail in the beard, hands, imp, is almost all painted in. 

• Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 233 Guests (See full list)