Sign in to follow this  
Komplex

77067 - Virina, Female Demon

Nice work. Good seeing non skype versions of her finished too :P
But yeah, the colours work nicely, and the extra dark tone on the lower legs is a nice touch

(and yay for fancy background)

• Like 1

Heh, nah, I just get bored waiting for his washes and LGS to dry =P 

This little madam was just kind of more relaxing to work on, coz while she was a bit fiddly, I could at least blu-tac her to a shot glass and make my life a bajillion times easier, lol. 

But ta ^_^ 

• Like 1

Try 35mm film canisters or old pill bottle for handles. I used to scrounge at the local department store camera departments for them. Fill them with water and they work great!

(if you can find a place that develops this kind of film, ask them to save them for you! The labs don't want to bother with the canisters, so they are generally thrown away....)

8)

George

• Like 1

I tend to end up filling my film canisters with safety pins and stuff for conventions ^^; 

I've got a bunch of plastic shot glasses which work pretty well too to be honest, s'what I ended up painting her on. Next up though... Sir Forscale >=] 

or maybe the succubi I've ordered from Hasslefree, though I'll need to find my spray primer for those, as they're metal as opposed to Bones. 

Old pill bottles are amazing though >.< Alas, none of the stuff I ever take comes in them - all in icky foil packets, lol. 

• Like 1

For multipart, pre-glued bones, if there is a gap, it's better to wiggle the parts apart (least that has always worked for me, without needing to cut them) and then pick out the residual glue, (paint the mini if you want) and then re-glue them. Usually what causes the gap is from them being glued in a rush, and the two peices not fitting together quite like they should.

If that doesn't take care of the gap, we may need to talk about green stuff. :lol:

Love the colors and the blood on her hand. The blood on the breast looks a little artificial, like it needs to dribble a bit more. But I really like the addition. It makes her look like she just ripped someone's heart out and ate it.

One more thing, you could have posted the rear photo here because there was no nudity in it. (Just something to keep in mind for later)

Nice job! Hope to see more from you soon!

• Like 1

For multipart, pre-glued bones, if there is a gap, it's better to wiggle the parts apart (least that has always worked for me, without needing to cut them) and then pick out the residual glue, (paint the mini if you want) and then re-glue them. Usually what causes the gap is from them being glued in a rush, and the two peices not fitting together quite like they should.

If that doesn't take care of the gap, we may need to talk about green stuff. :lol:

Love the colors and the blood on her hand. The blood on the breast looks a little artificial, like it needs to dribble a bit more. But I really like the addition. It makes her look like she just ripped someone's heart out and ate it.

One more thing, you could have posted the rear photo here because there was no nudity in it. (Just something to keep in mind for later)

Nice job! Hope to see more from you soon!

Virina didn't really have any gap problems xD I just couldn't get my brush behind her wing very well to actually paint her back and tail, is more my issue. It was just super super narrow. If I get another of this girl though, I'll take a look at that and see what I can figure out.

I've got a new detail brush hopefully on the way, so I'll make her boob blood and bit more dribbly when it gets here - my current brush is just dying a death and can't really do subtly anymore, lol.

But eee, thank you =] I just got a bit carried away with my Blood for the Blood God, coz it was new and different, haha. And ahh, I wasn't sure if buttocks counted, so I figured I'd play it safe ^^;

^_^ I hope to have more to show soon, I like to think I learn quite a bit with each mini I do.  

Well done! The colors work nicely on her.

Thank you ^_^

• Like 2

Congrats on finishing! I'm another fan of the colors, especially on the back/wings.

Cheers ^_^

Woop woop, glad the colours work for you too ^_^