Sign in to follow this  
Baugi

03219: Orc Warrior and 02335: Black Orc Warrior

Well if a fantasy creature could be called realistic. These are very realistic.

A job well done.

• Like 2

Very nice job on these two. I'd love to see more people delving into older Reaper figures.. They've got some extremely cool stuff out there from their earlier days.

• Like 2

Thanks all! They were a joy to paint, and as I said, I really do think there aren't better orcs out there. I'd like to get my hands on the remaining ones in this style.

OUTSTANDING! Your flesh tones & other color choices are WONDERFUL. Along with some FINE brushwork & BEAUTIFUL bases, your Orc Lads are VERY WELL DONE indeed!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

A job well done.

A really classic vision of fantasy with realistic paint ! Bravo ! :)

Great job, I love how dark and gritty they are along with nice simple bases!

This is interesting.  Could any of you expand on what you mean by realistic (that is, how are they moreso than other stuff we see here?)  It's not something I intentionally set out to do, but I noticed it as well, and it's got me wondering.  Especially considering the fact that many of the most effective paint work we see around here is precisely the opposite, with black shadows, white highlights, and vivid, cartoonish coloration in between.  

I'm just trying to learn how I might improve!

• Like 1

A job well done.

A really classic vision of fantasy with realistic paint ! Bravo ! :)

Great job, I love how dark and gritty they are along with nice simple bases!

This is interesting.  Could any of you expand on what you mean by realistic (that is, how are they moreso than other stuff we see here?)  It's not something I intentionally set out to do, but I noticed it as well, and it's got me wondering.  Especially considering the fact that many of the most effective paint work we see around here is precisely the opposite, with black shadows, white highlights, and vivid, cartoonish coloration in between.  

I'm just trying to learn how I might improve!

Well in the first place they're not shiny..their skintone is like real. And I know in mini painting we tend to overdo highlights and shadows to make great pics and such.

But yours seem more "real".

They're definitely not toylike, they look like they could emerge from a forest any time now.

The same goes for the gear,weapons and cloths.

Somehow it all just seems more true. They look alive. My guess is the muted tones have a lot to do with this.

• Like 1