Edsterdoom

Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

So if I reduce the weight of the box, what should I do with the surplus?  I really don't want to keep it -- there is nothing further in the box that I want and it would just be taking up space.  And it seems a pity to throw it away.

16 hours ago, paintybeard said:

How much over weight is the box at present?

It's currently about 800g overweight, but that is before I have added anything of my own.

56 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Split it into 2 boxes and send each to different recipients?

Splitting into two boxes is a possibility, but raises its own issues.  Such as whether everyone gets to look at both boxes (and has to mail both boxes) or just one box (with an inadequate turnover considering the number of people available).  And would we then be left with two boxes to deal with in perpetuity?

17 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Or just take out some extra for yourself, or to donate to your local charity shop

There is nothing more in the box that I want.  And I am doubtful that most charity shops would be interested in the sort of stuff that is in there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alchemist said:

Splitting into two boxes is a possibility, but raises its own issues.  Such as whether everyone gets to look at both boxes (and has to mail both boxes) or just one box (with an inadequate turnover considering the number of people available).  And would we then be left with two boxes to deal with in perpetuity?

There is nothing more in the box that I want.  And I am doubtful that most charity shops would be interested in the sort of stuff that is in there.

Well if you don't want to bin any of it, send the box on to me first and I'll sort it out.

It's been a while since I looked through the box, so I'm going to have another rummage through it to see whether there might be some more I could either keep or discard.

• Like 1

I guess it is kind of unfortunate that everyone in the circuit seems to be a veteran collector who is trying to get rid of more stuff into the box than they take from it.  We could really use a few newbies to the hobby taking part, who would take more than they put in.

I have gone through the box again.  Trying to be ruthless (but I have so many ruths), I have identified a few things I felt could be discarded.  I have found a few more things I wouldn't mind keeping, and I have set aside a few things that I couldn't bring myself to throw away but might add back into a future box if one passes through with some weight capacity to spare.  I have added a few items of my own.  It feels really uncomfortable to be taking out more than I am putting in, but that is the only way I can get the weight down to the required level.

So with all that I have got the box (barely) below 2kg.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

So we need to take out more instead of replacing it all?

Well, at least try to break even with what you take, or else the box will go overweight again.

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, alchemist said:

Well, at least try to break even with what you take, or else the box will go overweight again.

This makes sense to me :poke:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Edsterdoom said:

Well is it worth splitting into genres and working out what not worth keeping. I.e a genre people have no interest in. 

I'm not sure we want to go there - I can see it opening up a whole new can of worms.  But what do the rest of you think?