Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

Given how much the box seems to have grown, I am becoming apprehensive about how much it is going to cost to mail around the UK again.  Personally I would have preferred if we had stuck to the original plan and kept it small. but almost everyone seems determined to stuff in more than they take out.

Send it to me. I'll take out lots :;):

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing good ever came of American/British cross pollination - look at Madonna and Guy Richie. It sounds radical, dangerous and unsophisticated, and I for one won't sit idle and watch this happen. No

No puppies...sorry. Well maybe one or two tiny metal ones. The post office dude looked at me funny when I asked what would be the cheapest way to ship 5-6 lbs to England. He gave me the price for a la

Posted Images

Hmmm Maybe we should let the 2nd group of US residents take their pic first before we get it back to Europe?

I know the initial idea was not to, but maybe then the box has shrunk a bit?

Or is this a bad idea?

( although I would like to get the chance of includign goodies/candy for the other three too)

• Like 4

Given how much the box seems to have grown, I am becoming apprehensive about how much it is going to cost to mail around the UK again.  Personally I would have preferred if we had stuck to the original plan and kept it small. but almost everyone seems determined to stuff in more than they take out.

I think we need to review it when it get back to you alchemist if we have a box too big to stay under the 2kg weight it may be worth splitting it and having 2 smaller ones going round opposite directions or using the excess to seed a second box if we have more interest from other European forum members?

Just a thought I think we may have to be a bit more greedy with what we take, although given that this is our first attempt I am sure we will learn.

• Like 6

Hmmm Maybe we should let the 2nd group of US residents take their pic first before we get it back to Europe?

Or is this a bad idea?

( although I would like to get the chance of includign goodies/candy for the other three too)

Let's stick to the current plan as alchemist will not have seen anything from seeding the box all that time ago.

• Like 5

Or is this a bad idea?

Let's stick to the current plan as alchemist will not have seen anything from seeding the box all that time ago.

Yes that;s true.. Maybe then another round..

And you're right we might be too modest when taking things out..

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 3

So, Thes and TR should try to take a bit more than they put in and get the weight down!

of course the candy weighs some too.. That will be out there soon..

And you took a Dragon out that is an original leadbased one. so must help ::P:

• Like 4

I think we need to review it when it get back to you alchemist if we have a box too big to stay under the 2kg weight it may be worth splitting it and having 2 smaller ones going round opposite directions or using the excess to seed a second box if we have more interest from other European forum members?

Just a thought I think we may have to be a bit more greedy with what we take, although given that this is our first attempt I am sure we will learn.

Yes, be greedy. They're minis after all :lol:

• Like 6

So, Thes and TR - try to get it back down to a medium sized box! The removal of candy should help a lot in that regard, but also there's a couple of bigger/heavier figures in there.

The Box should Arrive to Thes tomorrow!

• Like 3

Yeah, we definitely have trouble being TOO generous at times. It all stems from having super awesome people on the forums. I will endeavor to get the box down to a manageable size, while leaving enough for Alchemist to get some good stuff. I'm sure it will be a hardship ;-) but I think I can do it.

Uber- Sweet haul!

To Thes tomorrow!? Yeah, a little closer now. So super excited!

Edited by tiniest rhombus
  • Like 5

Oh and Red - I'll take better pics of that dragon I took out later tonight, I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. 

Yeah, we definitely have trouble being TOO generous at times. It all stems from having super awesome people on the forums. I will endeavor to get the box down to a manageable size, while leaving enough for Alchemist to get some good stuff. I'm sure it will be a hardship ;-) but I think I can do it.

Uber- Sweet haul!

To Thes tomorrow!? Yeah, a little closer now. So super excited!

Yep, that's such a funny thing that we are too generous, but it's still an amazing and fun thing to do.

Thanks, I'm very happy. Actually using the Hearth and one of the skulls for my Catacombs Barbarian (link in sig).

Aye, tomorrow. Was hoping it would get there today, but the USPS didn't pick up a second time at the UPS Store like they said or the UPS Store forgot to give it to them... so the day was moved back. It was still in and out of my hands in 1 day!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 5

I've been quietly following in the background for a while but its awesome to see the progress this is making

I'm definitely up for a second round, though I'll have to dig deep in to my bits box and other collections of bits to see what I can find for a new round ^^

Also, I found an errant orc from the box that somehow ended up on my desk, so he'll go back in to circulation for next time lol

• Like 5

Also, I found an errant orc from the box that somehow ended up on my desk, so he'll go back in to circulation for next time lol

No, no, you must keep him  ::o: He wants to be in your collection, that's why he hid when you put everyone else back in the box. Poor orc will be sad if you send him away  ::(:

• Like 6