Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

Here is what I absconded with from the box of goodwill that Thes graciously brought over for me to look through:

http://20151017_124953_resized_zpsmoimxd8b.jpg

Still have a few unidentified pieces but 

Top row:

Nadezhda Duneva from the Empire of the dead KS

What looks to be a hand casted bronze Trex no markings or notes.  would be curious to here more about this...

a modern fighter (maybe starwars) no markings

Bottom Row:

a Pandalope and an unctious Pwoof from the Low Life KS

An unknown girl fighter (has R.P.on the little tab)  Looks like she is supposed to be sitting on something

a metal Haldir from GW

A bunch of sandbag scenery

What I put in is for you all to see...

• Like 10
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I absconded with from the box of goodwill that Thes graciously brought over for me to look through:

Top row:

What looks to be a hand casted bronze Trex no markings or notes.  would be curious to here more about this...

Bottom Row:

An unknown girl fighter (has R.P.on the little tab)  Looks like she is supposed to be sitting on something

a metal Haldir from GW

I picked that bronzed dino up on a flee market.. He looks a bit like a T-Rex or an Allosaur to me.

Glad you enjoy it.

• Like 6

I will place another Halloween order tomorrow.

Maybe I'll get pink then,

Besides there are more people who might want it.

If an order from Reaper is no problem then why should a package containing a few little bottles of paint be a problem?

I hope you found something nice too in the box.

• Like 5

Top row:

Bottom Row:

a metal Haldir from GW

I think the sci fi dude in the top right is a Games Workshop Tau Stealthsuit (I remember seeing it in there)

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Tau_XV15_Stealth_Suits.gif

Pretty sure its the far right one

Edited by Drifter
  • Like 5

Top row:

What looks to be a hand casted bronze Trex no markings or notes. would be curious to here more about this...

Bottom Row:

An unknown girl fighter (has R.P.on the little tab) Looks like she is supposed to be sitting on something

a metal Haldir from GW

I think the sci fi dude in the top right is a Games Workshop Tau Stealthsuit (I remember seeing it in there)http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Tau_XV15_Stealth_Suits.gif

That's him! Thhnks. Apparently older tau were more... stempunky than I thought

As for the Dino it looks like an amateur  lost wax cast. I am torn between leaving it au naturale or chase it with greenstuff and paint. I suppose I will do a little judicious scratching to determine the material first.

*edited for autocorrupt!*

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 8

Top row:

What looks to be a hand casted bronze Trex no markings or notes. would be curious to here more about this...

Bottom Row:

An unknown girl fighter (has R.P.on the little tab) Looks like she is supposed to be sitting on something

a metal Haldir from GW

I think the sci fi dude in the top right is a Games Workshop Tau Stealthsuit (I remember seeing it in there)http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Tau_XV15_Stealth_Suits.gif

That's him! Thhnks. Apparently older tau were more... stempunky than I thought

As for the Dino it looks like an a mature lost wax cast. I am torn between leaving it au naturale or chaste it with greenstuff and paint. I suppose I will do a little judicious scratching to dry ermine material first.

Be sure to show what you do with it.

I'm curious to see what you can make of it..

Or leave it plain a s a nice statuette. Anyway, glad you like it.

• Like 6

I have decided to start a journal, so I am cataloging all the minis that were in the box when I got it, What I am taking, what Kangeroorex took, What he put in, What I put in, and etc. 

I tried to draw a map symbolic of the boxes journeys in the front like TGP did with his treasure maps. (but I will admit, mine did not turn out as well.)

But, I didn't interrupt my progress on cataloging the box to come here to say those things. I came because I'm curious how the Europeans are on their Bones saturation. 

So far of the things I picked to put in the box, none have been Bones.

Kangeroorex last night made an interesting observation about one the models being American made, and here this model has passed back and forth over the sea, Once (at least) to get to England, and then again coming back here to belong to me. (I really didn't mean for it to rhyme. Sorry about that.)  :blush: 

So I have been picking for my selections either old and odd minis of any sort of origin (because I certainly appreciated the Grenadier Swamp Dragon), or newer readily available minis from American manufacturers. Because I know shipping is a pain in the butt for anyone on another continent. Note, I don't think this is how EVERYONE has to do it, it's just how I have been doing it. 

However, as I was digging around in YET ANOTHER mini storage cubby hole, I realized I had not picked any bones. (So I'm a big fan of Bones, and horde them accordingly). But I was thinking, that is exactly a type of mini that may be desired by the Europeans, since it is American made.

It was at that time a little devil appears on my left shoulder and said "Nah, the Europeans wouldn't be interested in Bones because all of them participated in the KS too, and they all did like me, and bought EVERYTHING."  :devil:

Then a little angel appeared on my right shoulder and said "Umm... not everyone buys ALL the Bones. Shipping was a problem for the 2nd KS, so if it was something from the 2nd KS especially, people may be interested. Why don't you ask if anyone would be interested in Bones."  ::P:

So, that is why I interrupted the very important (to me at least) cataloging of the box, to ask. Would the Europeans be interested in Bones. (I'm sure Herman is already in bed by this point, but I may still catch the people in the UK.)  :bday:

(and Herman, I will be posting pictures of what I took. Soonâ„¢. I am trying to get everything packed first. So I know I have that done before I need to go to work tomorrow night. So I can drop it off at the Post office on my way home Monday Morning. 

• Like 7

I probably should have thrown in a few bones as well.  It just never occurs to me that everyone didn't just buy the big box.  Oh well.  At least i prevented 2 GW figures from going back to the UK...

as to the dino:  I did a scratch test and color comparison and resistance test (so I am an engineer and cant resist).  all signs say copper not bronze.  Weird.  Also a really strange material for doing amateur casting with.  Definitely unique though.  

• Like 7

I have decided to start a journal, so I am cataloging all the minis that were in the box when I got it, What I am taking, what Kangeroorex took, What he put in, What I put in, and etc. 

I tried to draw a map symbolic of the boxes journeys in the front like TGP did with his treasure maps. (but I will admit, mine did not turn out as well.)

But, I didn't interrupt my progress on cataloging the box to come here to say those things. I came because I'm curious how the Europeans are on their Bones saturation. 

So far of the things I picked to put in the box, none have been Bones.

Kangeroorex last night made an interesting observation about one the models being American made, and here this model has passed back and forth over the sea, Once (at least) to get to England, and then again coming back here to belong to me. (I really didn't mean for it to rhyme. Sorry about that.)  :blush: 

So I have been picking for my selections either old and odd minis of any sort of origin (because I certainly appreciated the Grenadier Swamp Dragon), or newer readily available minis from American manufacturers. Because I know shipping is a pain in the butt for anyone on another continent. Note, I don't think this is how EVERYONE has to do it, it's just how I have been doing it. 

However, as I was digging around in YET ANOTHER mini storage cubby hole, I realized I had not picked any bones. (So I'm a big fan of Bones, and horde them accordingly). But I was thinking, that is exactly a type of mini that may be desired by the Europeans, since it is American made.

It was at that time a little devil appears on my left shoulder and said "Nah, the Europeans wouldn't be interested in Bones because all of them participated in the KS too, and they all did like me, and bought EVERYTHING."  :devil:

Then a little angel appeared on my right shoulder and said "Umm... not everyone buys ALL the Bones. Shipping was a problem for the 2nd KS, so if it was something from the 2nd KS especially, people may be interested. Why don't you ask if anyone would be interested in Bones."  ::P:

So, that is why I interrupted the very important (to me at least) cataloging of the box, to ask. Would the Europeans be interested in Bones. (I'm sure Herman is already in bed by this point, but I may still catch the people in the UK.)  :bday:

(and Herman, I will be posting pictures of what I took. Soonâ„¢. I am trying to get everything packed first. So I know I have that done before I need to go to work tomorrow night. So I can drop it off at the Post office on my way home Monday Morning. 

I'm still awake..

As for me, I have almost all the Bones, I backed KS II And III, and got my hands on a big load of KS I.

So I have no real interest in Bones.

I also happen to order from Reaper, and from a German based very well stocked webstore.

So I can get my hands on a lot of the modern minis.

Now Ral Partha and such, That is something I would like. especially monsters.

But I'm happy with minis from any manufacturer ( except current GW, although I love the older Citadel) I collect Undead, Reptiles,Chaos / Barbarians preferably Female.

Again, Happy with all, I took out that Chibi Demon Prince, and now I will order Chibis from Reaper...Things happen... :ph34r:

• Like 7

I have a lot of Bones.  I participated in the Kickstarters.  But I don't have ALL of them.  It's possible you might include something I don't have yet, although the odds are against it.  Bones are light, so they don't add as much weight to the box as metal minis.  I guess I'm pretty ambivalent on the question.

• Like 5

I definitely wont say no to more Bones xD
I only got in to Reaper stuff recently, so I dont have many bones at all, and am quite fond of them. That will change when KSIII rocks up with the epic $1000 pledge between three of us, but yeah xD

• Like 7

So no Bones were needed to even out what I took vs. what I put back in. But good to know my first instinct wasn't too far off the mark, that most people had more than enough Bones. 

It does fit in a medium sized box, and there will be plenty of room for Tiny to put in her stuff. (But no room for cookies. I was gonna see if I could fit some after making Tiny wait for the box.)  :down:

Wow! It's 8PM already? Did I really play around with the box all day? Must have, because the only other thing I've done is go to the store and eat some lunch. Man how time flies when you are having fun. 

Photos of what I took.... soon.... as I clean up. Husband is grumpy about minis all over the floor. :lol:

• Like 9