Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

Sooo any news of the whereabouts of the box?

Are we going to get round 2 and in what order?

I love this...

Shall we just keep the same order in Europe and then review if and where the box will be going to the colonies?

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo any news of the whereabouts of the box?

Are we going to get round 2 and in what order?

I love this...

Shall we just keep the same order in Europe and then review if and where the box will be going to the colonies?

If we keep the same order, I will be the one to ship it to the USA again.

I would like to alternate a bit in the order.

Else I will have to ship it to someone else first, before he/she sends it ot the USA.

So maybe we can do a little shuffling???

• Like 4

@redambrosia - Oh dang, that's super duper awful!!! D: I hope everything goes well with his tooth replacement.  ::(:

@rest of group - is there enough room for me to squeeze into the rotation on the USA side? I'm totally down with helping with money for shipping to or from the US. I'd intended to ask quite some time ago and forgot to actually post here. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

@redambrosia - Oh dang, that's super duper awful!!! D: I hope everything goes well with his tooth replacement.  ::(:

@rest of group - is there enough room for me to squeeze into the rotation on the USA side? I'm totally down with helping with money for shipping to or from the US. I'd intended to ask quite some time ago and forgot to actually post here. :)

Huzzah!

There is no reason why you can't jump in on the U.S. side if Redambrosia is fully out for this round.

Let's see where we get too when the box is back and we reorder the people. You never know we may get a second EU only box going as well.

• Like 5

The box has arrived back here in Merrie Olde England, a little battered but intact.

The customs/VAT charge was a bit of an ouch, though.  Maybe someone else can receive it from the US next time round.

I wonder if it might be best to wait until after Christmas to begin the next round?  I suggest this partly to avoid the chaos of Christmas mail, and partly so that we don't risk getting burnt out from sending it round too frequently.

• Like 8

Huzzah!

Yeah, take my spot! You can send them some Stomps of Approval! ::D:

• Like 4

The box has arrived back here in Merrie Olde England, a little battered but intact.

The customs/VAT charge was a bit of an ouch, though. Maybe someone else can receive it from the US next time round.

I wonder if it might be best to wait until after Christmas to begin the next round? I suggest this partly to avoid the chaos of Christmas mail, and partly so that we don't risk getting burnt out from sending it round too frequently.

US sending back needs to declare it as toys/gift. Otherwise you guys get hit with that crazy tax. Something for us to remember to do.

• Like 6

The customs/VAT charge was a bit of an ouch, though.  Maybe someone else can receive it from the US next time round.

I wonder if it might be best to wait until after Christmas to begin the next round?  I suggest this partly to avoid the chaos of Christmas mail, and partly so that we don't risk getting burnt out from sending it round too frequently.

You got charged a VAT? I didn't think that happened if it is private post, what was on the customs declaration. If it is posted as a gift (which this sort of is) then VAT shouldn't be a feature.

We may need to be clear on some instructions about how we post between continents to avoid any unnecessary costs.

After Christmas sounds quite reasonable for other people to get a full round in.

• Like 5

The customs/VAT charge was a bit of an ouch, though. Maybe someone else can receive it from the US next time round.

I wonder if it might be best to wait until after Christmas to begin the next round? I suggest this partly to avoid the chaos of Christmas mail, and partly so that we don't risk getting burnt out from sending it round too frequently.

US sending back needs to declare it as toys/gift. Otherwise you guys get hit with that crazy tax. Something for us to remember to do.

THIS BY ALL MEANS THIS!!!!

Need some help?

• Like 4

Thanks for the offers of help with the charges.  I will eat the cost this time.  But I would prefer not to make a habit of it.

Just to be clear, the box *was* marked as a gift, but even gifts incur VAT if the value is greater than £36.  See section 2.4 of this document by HMRC.

Ahh, so we'll have to make sure that it's declared value is less than £36... which is currently at around $54.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 5