Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing good ever came of American/British cross pollination - look at Madonna and Guy Richie. It sounds radical, dangerous and unsophisticated, and I for one won't sit idle and watch this happen. No

No puppies...sorry. Well maybe one or two tiny metal ones. The post office dude looked at me funny when I asked what would be the cheapest way to ship 5-6 lbs to England. He gave me the price for a la

Posted Images

Sorry people, an unplanned business trip to Oslo has been interfering with my leisure time.

Am I posting to Italy next? Could I have an address to send to please. I can get to the post office tomorrow.

Will upload pics today or tomorrow

• Like 3

Sorry people, an unplanned business trip to Oslo has been interfering with my leisure time.

Am I posting to Italy next? Could I have an address to send to please. I can get to the post office tomorrow.

Will upload pics today or tomorrow

Maybe PM tosattearp

• Like 1

Quick question:

Was it ever determined for certain if a box is heading to the US from Europe/the UK, and one heading from here back to you?

If so, will the box you send here be returning to you at some point, or will it travel the US until Ragnarok?

• Like 2

Quick question:

Was it ever determined for certain if a box is heading to the US from Europe/the UK, and one heading from here back to you?

If so, will the box you send here be returning to you at some point, or will it travel the US until Ragnarok?

Good question.

I would like to know if the box will then go through the EU route of people, so we can all take and contribute from that one.

And then  I would suggest after we did that and a certain number of US people did that to the EU box we would swap once more and follow the route again.

That way we would have maximum cross pollination and everyone gets a pick???

Am I making sense???

• Like 2

I was expecting that the box coming from the US to UK/EU would form the basis for the next circuit of the UK/EU.  I think that is basically what Xherman is saying, although I imagine we will have a break before the next circuit like we have on previous occasions.

Similarly I guess the box going from UK/EU to US will go on a circuit of the US.  Maybe we will swap boxes again after they have done a circuit, or maybe we could swap with a different box - I don't think we have planned that far ahead yet.

• Like 3

I was expecting that the box coming from the US to UK/EU would form the basis for the next circuit of the UK/EU.  I think that is basically what Xherman is saying, although I imagine we will have a break before the next circuit like we have on previous occasions.

Similarly I guess the box going from UK/EU to US will go on a circuit of the US.  Maybe we will swap boxes again after they have done a circuit, or maybe we could swap with a different box - I don't think we have planned that far ahead yet.

Taking the box that we "swapped" into the next circuit would indeed provide us all with a new chance for other kind of minis..( US/EU).

A little pause in between would be good.

Maybe later swap again.

Let's see what this will bring us.

Fun fun fun...

• Like 2

Quick question:

That up to people whether it comes back. I'm not fussed either way.

• Like 3

Hello.

I have some bad news, and some good news, and some more bad news.

I'm afraid I still haven't taken any pics, but I promise it's on my 'to do' list.

The good news is that I took the box to the post office just now..................the bad news is that Royal Mail wanted £48 to ship it to Italy as it's over 2kg - probably as a result of all the metal I added. So that extra bad news is that I decided this was too much and I'm now re-jigging the box to get it back under 2kg (I'll take out some of the heavier, low-value stuff).

So all in all, something of a disaster. But I am working on it

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 3