Sign in to follow this  
Edsterdoom

Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

Box arrived today, reminding me that I fell of the face of the virtual Earth for family and health reasons. The box will probably be stuck with me until early December, which fortunately is just until next week.

Also, I'll have to carefully weigh this thing... something I really meant to add might be to heavy :(

EDIT: Hmm, some loose stuff looks in slightly rough shape. I'll probably go (re-)bag some miniatures if I don't take them out.

EDIT2: After weighing, I don't even want to know what weird Imperial weight limits Royal Mail uses these days, but it looks like I have about 800g to work with. Guess adding won't be an issue... if I can find enough room.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 4

Well, plans got derailed because it really, really isn't a good thing when the hot water starts running cold just as winter is finally giving some serious consideration to actually arriving. But hey, making sure I could take hot hot baths only cost me about two days!

I'll be taking a sheet of decals, a sheet or two of tufts (plus the three loose ones that were making an effort at spreading their grass across the box),  some basing/crafting materials, a three-headed (more ears to scratch) sabertooth snow leopard (painted), a rider-less camel, a guy that's probably a junker/scavenger but should make for a fine street shaman, some kind of plastic sci fi valkyrie bot thing, some glass large monster eyes (because lidless), and a weird blue supercow.

I hope I can make it to the post office tomorrow, but honestly I fear it won't be until Wednesday before this box can be off to the Netherlands.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Arkady said:

Well, plans got derailed because it really, really isn't a good thing when the hot water starts running cold just as winter is finally giving some serious consideration to actually arriving. But hey, making sure I could take hot hot baths only cost me about two days!

I'll be taking a sheet of decals, a sheet or two of tufts (plus the three loose ones that were making an effort at spreading their grass across the box),  some basing/crafting materials, a three-headed (more ears to scratch) sabertooth snow leopard (painted), a rider-less camel, a guy that's probably a junker/scavenger but should make for a fine street shaman, some kind of plastic sci fi valkyrie bot thing, some glass large monster eyes (because lidless), and a weird blue supercow.

I hope I can make it to the post office tomorrow, but honestly I fear it won't be until Wednesday before this box can be off to the Netherlands.

That's no ordinary super cow, it's Batcow

Related imageImage result for batcow

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Fascinating. This being DC, who seem to be rebooting more regularly that some computer systems I have to work with, I gotta ask: is that even in continuity this week?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Fascinating. This being DC, who seem to be rebooting more regularly that some computer systems I have to work with, I gotta ask: is that even in continuity this week?

I'm not a DC fan so I couldn't tell you.

You make your own universe, one with Batcow at the centre ^_^

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:55 PM, dschumm said:

This seems like great fun. I'll have to get in next time. I've moved to Co Clare in Ireland so miniature habits are surviving by post.

Because nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, it might still be possible to insert you at the tail end of this round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

Because nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, it might still be possible to insert you at the tail end of this round.

If not, you could just insert @Beagle in the South end of the Bat-Cow! ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Made it to the post office today, and they tell me the box should arrive at Lihmeth's in 5-10 business days. Of course, given how long mail from Austria to the The Netherlands normally takes this time of the year, that actually holding true would be quite the Christmas miracle.

• Like 4

The box arrived!

I'm sorting through it now, hopefully I'll be able to post it tomorrow. If not, I should still be able to get it to the post office on saturday :)

• Like 2

It has arrived! My wife and I went through the box, and it was incredibly fun! Such pretty stuff in here, even if not all were our style, they were all amazing to see.

Will see if I can post the box on Monday, but will need an address first for that.

I will post pics and even a video of the stuff we took out, but later this weekend:) 

• Like 3