Box of Goodwill (EU/UK Version) - Interest Threadz

Edsterdoom

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the Brexit being long ago by now we should have ways to get that box to mainland Europe right?
I'm open to it being sent here and starting a chain from the mainland. Has anyone shipped something non-commercial from UK to mainland so far? 

• Like 2

Honestly, I still wouldn't risk trying to send this kind of package from Britan to my location. Not without the excessive required documentation, anyways. Of course, The Netherlands might be a different matter; you don't have authorities that seem hell-bent on keeping up K&K bureaucratic standards of an empire that's seized to exist over a century ago...

• Like 2

So far I have had 0 issues with shipments from UK. Had the bones 5 kickstarter come VAT-free, no invoice, just for handling (12 euro's).

Had a big reaper delivery come clear of charges (big value).

And smaller deliveries afterwards from reaper, which were pre-paid with VAT from that point.

• Like 2

Yeah, well, the Dutch are traders, Hereabouts, I think they're still trying to prove they're bigger bureaucrats than the Prussians, even though that's a competition well over a century past its prime.

• Like 2

Sorry for the late reply, I was waylaid by the dreaded migraines. I'm happy to send the box on but whoever receives it may still fall afoul of the authorities. I've got tomorrow off work, so I'll go through everything in it and see how much the total value of the box is.

• Like 2

I know the box is filled, but if everything looks old and used we might get away with marking it as a gift with a value of less then €45,-.

Open up blisters and such if needed?

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 8:45 AM, Venun said:

I know the box is filled, but if everything looks old and used we might get away with marking it as a gift with a value of less then €45,-.

Open up blisters and such if needed?

Sorry everyone, I've been in a bit of a panic due to some medical issues and I haven't been on the forums much. Hopefully everything's okay, but it's a resurgence of something that I really hoped that I'd put behind me. It seems to have calmed down now so I'm hoping that it's not going to be such an ongoing issue from now on. 

Regarding the box, apparently they're being super strict with it, for example if you're sending clothes then you can't just label it as "£35 worth clothes". You have to list each individual item ie 1 t-shirt £8, 2x scarves £3 each etc. That said, I'm currently trying to figure out a way to categorise them a bit more efficientlyI. I'm also adding some homemade stuff to the box, so I'm not sure how to categorise that....

One other thing that I meant to ask about, the UK has this awful policy of taxing the parcel value AND the postage cost added together. Does that happen in the EU?

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Sorry everyone, I've been in a bit of a panic due to some medical issues and I haven't been on the forums much. Hopefully everything's okay, but it's a resurgence of something that I really hoped that I'd put behind me. It seems to have calmed down now so I'm hoping that it's not going to be such an ongoing issue from now on. 

Regarding the box, apparently they're being super strict with it, for example if you're sending clothes then you can't just label it as "£35 worth clothes". You have to list each individual item ie 1 t-shirt £8, 2x scarves £3 each etc. That said, I'm currently trying to figure out a way to categorise them a bit more efficientlyI. I'm also adding some homemade stuff to the box, so I'm not sure how to categorise that....

One other thing that I meant to ask about, the UK has this awful policy of taxing the parcel value AND the postage cost added together. Does that happen in the EU?

I'll be praying for you. I wonder if you could bag a group of similar minis, listing them as "Pack 1, dinosaurs", "Pack 2 of gremlins" and list value per pack?

• Like 1

We could even split up in multiple boxes, although that will add to the shipping cost...

Are there EU people (or others) willing to chip in and combine this part of shipping costs to get the box back to the mainland?

@Reaper_Jon is there anything Reaper can assist with perhaps from UK? just trying all options here. All tips are welcome at this point, we'd love to continue this circulation of (mostly) reaper miniatures 🙂

Edited by Venun

Did anyone think of a solution for this? I'd really like to get this box back in roulation, back to the mainland to continue it's course and get people in this exchange.

@Kuroneko Can you let me know if you made any progress? I've gathered friends who are willing to help me cover the costs if this were to be the case. Plus, the box is so stuffed, if the cost is heavy we can compensate out of the box if needed.

Hey there @Venun, my sincerest apologies, I've been severely distracted by some heavy life stuff lately.

I've talked to people from several different postal/courier services and it pretty much seems like its totally random whether or not customs snag packages or not. Sometimes things sail through, sometimes they get hit by customs. Properly filling out the forms isn't a guarantee of success either ::(:

That said, I'm willing to send the box if you're happy to take the risk. I'll dig out my greenstuff rollers and make a bunch of bases for you and your friends just in case you do get hit by the dreaded duty!

Sorry to hear about the lemons being dealt to you, good luck on overcoming them.

We'd be open to try! Get the box moving again would be great. Try to declare the low end of the values of you can though xD 

"Old used plastic toys"