Ral Partha All American Elf Archer

72moonglum

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FANTASTIC...appropriately enough! Your creation benefits from some SPLENDID brushwork & basing with a FINE eye for colors. The thing that makes the miniature for moi & conveys his Faerie Heritage are his WONDERFULLY exotic eyes. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,

Here is a 04084 metal Dark Heaven Legends "Mellonir Windrunner, Elf Ranger/Fighter" I completed a few days ago.

Thank you for looking.

• By lazarp
      A really nice mini! Highlighting the skin was fun! 😁 Thanks for looking!

• By lazarp
      A really nice mini 😃 I enjoyed painting his cloak! 😁

• By 72moonglum
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ralparthalegacy/ral-parthas-chaos-wars-wave-4-thunderbolt-mountain

Sorry guys, not too technically advanced, but here is a link to the Ral Partha Legacy's fourth Kickstarter, this time adding elves, dwarves, humans, orcs/goblins and some creatures to the mix.   Check it out, you can buy in a wide variety of ways, be if from the individual figure to large armies in bundles and packages.  The majority of this was sculpted by Tom Meier, and all the new pieces were sculpted by him as well.  Lots of visual images and aid to help you decide what you'd might like to snag.  I'm biased as a long time fan of both Partha and Meier, I'm definitely going to grab a good number of individual pieces on this one!

EDIT:  Added some photos of the new sculpts from Mr. Meier:

• By 72moonglum
      Hello my little Rearperlificos!

so tonight just got finished up and photographed, a male and female fighter in plate armor, sculpted by the enigmatic Jim Johnson (one of those sculptors I know nothing about but has had a hugely prolific career) that he sculpted I think back in the nineties when he did a range of figures for Partha, which were a male and a female version of the same character class. I've already painted up a bunch of these different figures, and these are my most recent ones.  I wanted to do red as their breastplates, helmets and grieves with more bronze tones than gold, after seeing Anne Forester working on bronzes in Twitch with the Kickstarter V Centaur.  I'n not ver happy how the vertical bronze strip came out on the male fighter, but buh, too lazy to really keep fixing to perfection.  Also, this is the second time I took pictures of these figures because there was lots of crud, dust and hair on the figures the first time.  I went back and rephotographed them a second time and I still see a few little dust spots even though I knocked a bunch of them off.  Anyhoos, here they are for your viewing pleasure:

the female:

The male:

and being they were originally sold in a blister pack together, here they are in the same photo:

I would usually put them on bases but the gal has a wide base that is a little too big to fit on the one inch base, and I didn't have a slightly larger base sitting around so I just sealed them really good and am going to leave them like that. In any case they just sit in a display case, a display case in my unfinished basement that nobody except myself ever sees, oh the humanity......