• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      It's a quiet morning. Mrs McCarthy sweeps the church vestibule.  (77088: Townsfolk: Grandmother)

Lady Frances and Lady Rebecca admire the new flower beds in the church garden. (59009: Mad Scientist and 50327: Victorian Ladies)

It's a beautiful day, what could possibly go wrong?

The blue dress was inspired by this painting: 

• By Inarah
      My first mini of 2019, she is part of a group I am painting for a steampunk/time travel game my group is playing.

For inspiration I used this fashion plate, the figure on the right: 

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      In the spirit of the holiday, some angry Pilgrims...

Turkey Spirits beware...

With the headband and knife I figured this guy was Rambo's ancestor. (Rambo 7, the prequel: Pilgrims vs Werewolves, coming soon...)

An active senior interested in doing his part for the common good.

A local youth looking to earn the right to grow a beard by fulfilling the community service requirement.

When you're only paid per heretic hung, you're probably going to be somewhat proactive in your duties. What a work ethic!

• By Pingo
      Apparently I never started a WIP thread for this miniature. This is Reaper's 50304: Rowena Von Graaf, sculpted by Julie Guthrie, which I started painting a long time ago. She's a fun steampunk figure.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I decided to paint her with a pretty black face.

Here's a close-up of her face. There are tiny white points which are microscopic unpainted pits in the figure. They are much smaller irl than they show up in the photographs. I am slowly (maddeningly) working to fill them in as I go.

I decided to paint her underskirt pink. This is Quinacridone Magenta lightened with Titanium White.

And the base coat on her dress and spats is straight Red Oxide.

And this is where I left her (cough) about a year and a half ago. More to come!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

I say!

Kev!
      P.S. Tally ho!
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 100 Guests (See full list)