77383: Barden Barrelstrap, Dwarf Cleric

HMGimlord

Thanks ub3r_n3rd!   This eye tutorial is good, but slightly different in philosophy from Darin Hlavaz's tutorial pointed to by knarthex above.   I'll have to try both to see.  I'll post my decision either here or elsewhere depending on the mini that turns out the best. :)

• Like 2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.  I Went back over it, but I think I'm going to have to try again on another mini later on.  The paint builds up, and it just won't get any better than this.  Still better, I think, than it was before.  Thanks to all for your tutorials, links, encouragement, and advice. I'll definitely use it on future minis.

DSC02710_zpsqs74sqme.jpg

DSC02713_zpssd4vvefr.jpg

Edited by HMGimlord
  • Like 5

Now I realize that you are trying for a better take on the Dwarf's eyes, however, the way you have them does fit with the startled expression on the Vertically Challenged One's face. SO, intended or not, he is a COOL Little Guy. Keep up the SPLENDID WORK; I think you have the makings of a First Class Painter...honest!

• Like 1

Glad I could help! That tut has made me a much better painter. I don't yet have the skill for the tut Ub3r posted, but as soon as I can get some Raphael brushes, I'm going to try!

keep up the good work, ask questions, read tutorials.

But most importantly, ENJOY it, and have FUN!

8)

George

• Like 2

Now I realize that you are trying for a better take on the Dwarf's eyes, however, the way you have them does fit with the startled expression on the Vertically Challenged One's face. SO, intended or not, he is a COOL Little Guy. Keep up the SPLENDID WORK; I think you have the makings of a First Class Painter...honest!

It was my impression, just looking at the primed mini, that the dwarf was startled by something behind him.  The bulging eyes seemed appropriate.  It's a good thing, because deer-in-the-headlight is easier to do.  :;):

• Like 2

Though his eyes could have used some of the betty davis eye treatment, I wouldn't want them to look any less bugged out and surprised then they do here.

I think they add to the expression on his face, one of fright, or telling a spooky story to the adventurers. 

Good job, and looking forward to seeing more from you.

Though his eyes could have used some of the betty davis eye treatment, I wouldn't want them to look any less bugged out and surprised then they do here.

I think they add to the expression on his face, one of fright, or telling a spooky story to the adventurers. 

Good job, and looking forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks.  Regardless of its necessity, please explain this "Betty Davis" treatment of which you speak?