Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

What's on TV?

Recommended Posts

Recently started watching The Witcher. Love it so far. Except that irritating bright light in the forest. That can go to hell.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Recently started watching The Witcher. Love it so far. Except that irritating bright light in the forest. That can go to hell.

 

We are in the middle of season 1.  I'm finding Yennifer's story far more compelling than Geralt's.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Recently started watching The Witcher. Love it so far. Except that irritating bright light in the forest. That can go to hell.

 

Watched it last week. Really liked it and wish the next season would be sooner.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the first new "Picard" episode, enjoyed it, had the star trek feel of the past.

 

However it was tinged with a bit of sadness, having grown up with TNG and a lot of my morals and look on life coming from it. It was sad to see an older frailer Picard....suppose it was seeing age taking effect.

 

Looking forward to how the series will progress.

Edited by talion78
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, got into watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon".  Watched the first eight episodes so far, and while it has a cheesy title that makes you think it's something very different, it seems to be a rather cute anime.  Poor Bell though.  Poor poor, oblivious and naive Bell. ::P:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So, got into watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon".  Watched the first eight episodes so far, and while it has a cheesy title that makes you think it's something very different, it seems to be a rather cute anime.  Poor Bell though.  Poor poor, oblivious and naive Bell. ::P:

Maybe I'll watch that one next.  I just finished watching The Rising of the Shield Guardian.  Interesting twist on the "normal guy gets sucked into a video game world" trope.  This guy never played the game, so he doesn't know any of the background and the powers that be have grudge against him and basically screw him over in terms of help.  There are some dark themes, but the series managed to avoid reveling in them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So, got into watching "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon".

 

Is this on CrunchyRoll, or another service?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

Is this on CrunchyRoll, or another service?

I've been watching it on Netflix.  No idea if it's on CrunchyRoll. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I've been watching it on Netflix.  No idea if it's on CrunchyRoll. 

 

Nice.  This sounds interesting and I was worried I'd need to invest in another streaming service.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clearman said:

 

Nice.  This sounds interesting and I was worried I'd need to invest in another streaming service.

I watched thebRising of the the Shield Hero on Crunchy Roll using the free add supported version.  There were typically four two minute sets of ads per episode. (Two after the open, one in the middle and one that was usually, but not always, right before the credits).  So a free option is doable.  I used the time for bio breaks and getting drink refills.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, if y’all like Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon, you might be interested to know there’s a pretty fun looking little side scroller phone game for it. They do cross overs with other animes. Right now they have a cross over with Goblin Slayer, and they just finished one with Date A Live. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hey, if y’all like Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon, you might be interested to know there’s a pretty fun looking little side scroller phone game for it. They do cross overs with other animes. Right now they have a cross over with Goblin Slayer, and they just finished one with Date A Live. 

It was definitely a good one, even if Netflix only has the first thirteen episodes on it.  I'll have to think about the phone app, I'm not typically into phone games all that much anymore, oddly enough. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it only dropped today, but has anyone watched Locke & Key on Netflix yet.  I was a fan of the comics, and curious how they're handling the adaption. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...