Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

What's on TV?

Working my way through The Clone Wars animated series again.  I used it as background noise some time ago, but wanted to give it a more thorough watching and get Season 7.

Also re-working my way through The Mandalorian with Mrs. Strawhat.  We're halfway through: I think she likes it.  It's tough to tell sometimes.

When I get done with The Clone Wars, I'll move on to Rebels.

Then I still need to fit Stranger Things 3 in somewhere.

• Like 5

Started watching What we do in the Shadows yesterday. I love how utterly uncool the vampires are.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Started watching What we do in the Shadows yesterday. I love how utterly uncool the vampires are.

I stumbled on the original mockumentary several years ago, and it was a wonderful introduction to Taika Waititi's talent.

I forgot the TV show was being produced.

• Like 5

I have Little Fires Everywhere in the background as I work right now. Although it is pretty agenda pushing, it is good at tangling a lot of characters together, and good at depicting some real issues. Excellent actors for it too.

Saw The Great. I was amused by the deliberate inaccuracies and hyperbole. It wasn't fantastic, but I liked it.

• Like 3

Stargirl, and Legends of Tomorrow on Tuesday.

The 100 and the final season of Agents of SHIELD starts on Wednesday.

Siren and Vagrant Queen on Thursday.

Harley Quinn on Friday.

Penny Dreadful: City of Angels on Sunday.

• Like 4

On 5/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, aku-chan said:

Started a new miniseries called Curfew.

It's an odd genre mash-up of illegal road race/zombie outbreak (although they're technically more like ghouls), it's also utter, poorly written, nonsense.

But it is very entertaining so far.

Finished this, it remained pretty stupid but oddly entertaining to the end (Luckily it was an 8 episode miniseries, any longer and I think it would've rapidly gone downhill).

Also finished a couple of shows I'd been putting off. 

Castlevania Season 3 was a big step down from the previous seasons, splitting up the main trio was a bad idea (and no mopey Dracula left a big hole in the show). Luckily Season 2 wrapped up fairly conclusively so I can just forget the show exists after that point.

And Steven Universe Future, really didn't enjoy this (I pretty much liked one episode, Snow Day, and even in that Steven was a big elfhat) but was determined to finish it. It's basically a message not a show and there's nothing entertaining (IMO) about someone (metaphorically) repeatedly slapping you in the face while screaming 'Take mental health issues seriously!'.

It's a shame it ended like that after a pretty good (if over-long) original series and a fantastic movie.

• Like 3

Started Wakfu on Netflix recently.  Kind of an odd artistic style but it is based off a video game so that is probably why.  The designs are anime, but the color and motion seem a bit different, though not in a bad way.  I wound up watching in the original French because the English voices didn't work for me.  

• Like 2

I started up Carnival Row. Really liking it so far. It is making me want to paint pixies.

• Like 5

My wife got me hooked on Married at First Sight on Hulu and Netflix. It is pure trash TV, but it sucks you in. The premise is exactly what you think.

I started Stargirl. It is a CW DC show and unlike every other DC show ( except Legends) is very light hearted and fun

It also has the better of the two Wilson brothers.

• Like 2

Food Wars is now on Netflix... At least the first 26 or so episodes (aka season 1).  This morning I said I'd watch just a few...  If by a few I meant to have already watched the first eighteen, then sure... 

Definitely can't judge that one by the first three minutes, or even the first episode!  Thankfully the fan service goes down a bunch later on, and isn't quite so in your face :p

• Like 2

Watched the first episode of the new Perry Mason. It's very much a gritty modern detective story, not your grandfather's tv show. I'm trying hard to see some connection between the two other than the name of the character, but it is only the first hour.  Contains violence, nudity, sex, and F-bombs.     

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Watched The Man in the High Castle.

Definitely don't watch it if you want to feel good. The show is amazingly well done. But you can't really feel good about alternate history where Germany and Japan won WWII. Set in the 1960s. Minor sci-fi element to it. It punched me in my Jewiness really hard. Also weird seeing my university as a filming location, decked out/CGI'd to be Evil HQ.

Yeah so... very good. Very relevant. And very painful. Watch out for Nazi-nightmares.

Edited by Cyradis
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Watched The Man in the High Castle.

Definitely don't watch it if you want to feel good. The show is amazingly well done. But you can't really feel good about alternate history where Germany and Japan won WWII. Set in the 1960s. Minor sci-fi element to it. It punched me in my Jewiness really hard. Also weird seeing my university as a filming location, decked out/CGI'd to be Evil HQ.

Yeah so... very good. Very relevant. And very painful. Watch out for Nazi-nightmares.

Yes, an amazing show.  But definitely not a feel good show in any way really. And it takes me forever to get that version of Edelweiss out of my head after watching.....

• Like 4

Finished this season of Legends of Tomorrow. It was almost as weak as the original season, but was still enjoyable. I never knew I wanted a fight scene set to The Thong Song until I got it.

• Like 3

Signed up for disney+ 

Its all about the HAMILTONS. 

which will air starting July 3rd, and is totally worth a months subscription. 

I bet I can binge Agent Carter and Mandalorian  before my subscription runs out. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5