Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

What's on TV?

We just finished watching Lucifer season 1 on Netflix. I really love the show, I thought it had a lot of heart for being about the devil.  The scenes with the therapist are a riot!  And it does not hurt that Mr Ellis is super hot....

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I have the box set. It was entertaining enough that I was irritated they only did two seasons of it, and that it ended with the characters in the circumstances they were in.

Thanks for that tip.  My better half has read the books but I haven't  the end of the second season may be a good excuse to start reading them

• Like 1

To be honest, I enjoyed the books a lot more... Also, the series doesn't follow the books all that closely - Vicky's assistant Coreen isn't in the books, beyond the original case.

(She replaces another minor character that they couldn't put in the show due to another studio having the rights to him because he appears in a different series of books also featuring Henry.)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Citrine said:

We just finished watching Lucifer season 1 on Netflix. I really love the show, I thought it had a lot of heart for being about the devil.  The scenes with the therapist are a riot!  And it does not hurt that Mr Ellis is super hot....

It only gets better. :devil: 

Tom Ellis' delivery of his lines is masterful, you can tell he enjoys that role. I would love to see outtakes from the seasons.

And it says something about the show that, while season five by Netflix was intended to finish the series, in June they scrapped that plan (before any of season five was even released) and are giving it another season.

• Like 6

On 9/15/2020 at 12:04 AM, ManvsMini said:

It only gets better. :devil: 

Tom Ellis' delivery of his lines is masterful, you can tell he enjoys that role. I would love to see outtakes from the seasons.

Ask and ye shall receive :poke:

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=lucifer+bloopers+season+1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:55 PM, ManvsMini said:

I've been trying to watch Hannibal, but so far it isn't gripping my attention. Mikkelsen is a good Lecter, but the episodes are slow for my taste. I'm also not someone who enjoys psychology in any form, so that may have something to do with it.

Sorry your not enjoying it, it's one of my favorites :unsure:

My housemate thinks that it's much better if you view it as World of Darkness, with Will being a genuine empath and Hannibal being a real life Wendigo. Sounds odd but it kinda makes sense the further you get into the show.

I decided to revisit my childhood and rewatch the A-team again. I used to watch reruns on tv when I was a kid and it's one of the few shows that I still love from that era. Yeah, it's hokey and ridiculous but sometimes you need a bit of nonsense in your life. 

Also, Mr T is still the coolest man alive :winkthumbs:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Sorry your not enjoying it, it's one of my favorites :unsure:

My housemate thinks that it's much better if you view it as World of Darkness, with Will being a genuine empath and Hannibal being a real life Wendigo. Sounds odd but it kinda makes sense the further you get into the show.

In fairness, I had only watched 2 episodes at that point, so it was still early. I've watched two more since and some interesting plot points have begun to develop, so I'm enjoying it more. I'll give it the full first season. I'd probably still watch more of it anyway, because Mikkelsen is just that good. And Fishburne too.

7 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Also, Mr T is still the coolest man alive 

I pity the fool who says otherwise!

• Haha 5

Having now watched eight episodes of Hannibal, I am fairly certain that I will never attend a dinner party or accept a dinner invitation at anyone's house ever again. That probably goes for a work potluck too.

That said, I am enjoying the show much more. Plot started moving forward, so it's like most new shows, takes a few episodes of the first season to find its rhythm.

• Haha 5

On 9/13/2020 at 11:24 PM, Citrine said:

i really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2.  season 3 wasnt bad but i kept finding my attention wandering, like they thought they were finished and then told to do more.  I just cant seem to get through.  tempted to ditch it and hope it recovers in the next seaspm

But i am picky with my shows.  I want it to focus on the crime/adventure/action.  this desire to watch people agonize over things just bores me to tears.  and that is what the show seems to have decayed into, just another soap opera drama with a different background. 

hoping next season improves.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

i really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2.  season 3 wasnt bad but i kept finding my attention wandering, like they thought they were finished and then told to do more.  I just cant seem to get through.  tempted to ditch it and hope it recovers in the next seaspm

How far into season 3 did you get? Because while it does drag, it also has some great moments. And there are some must-see moments that set up events in season 4.

If you are watching on Netflix, I believe the last two episodes of that season can be skipped (they are considered "extra" episodes that the showrunners didn't fit into the season storyline, and once it was canceled they just threw them in there for people to enjoy as standalone episodes).

• Like 3

On 9/19/2020 at 2:30 PM, ManvsMini said:

Having now watched eight episodes of Hannibal, I am fairly certain that I will never attend a dinner party or accept a dinner invitation at anyone's house ever again. That probably goes for a work potluck too.

That said, I am enjoying the show much more. Plot started moving forward, so it's like most new shows, takes a few episodes of the first season to find its rhythm.

I mean... plague kinda stopped those too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:
On 9/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, ManvsMini said:

I mean... plague kinda stopped those too.

Can a man not dream of the day when society regains a semblance of normalcy... and how he intends to avoid it due to fears of suspected cannibalism?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Been watching Hart of Dixie with my wife. 

Season 1, I liked the main character, Zoe Hart, and hated the character they set up as her rival, Lemon. 

We're now in Season 3, and it wouldn't bother me at all if Zoe left, and the story just focused on Lemon and the rest of Bluebell. 

• Like 2