Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

What's on TV?

Recommended Posts

We watched Generation War on Amazon Prime, it was very good, but also sad.  It's in German, about 5 young friends at the beginning of WW2, and what happens to them during the war. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been watching Unforgettable on prime.  Not a bad series, decent actors and enough interesting plots to keep track show reasonably entertaining. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Star Trek Lower Decks last week, and started Star Trek Discovery season 3 yesterday! :wub:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sir Cyr and I finished The Good Place. I was satisfied, although he wanted more elaboration on philosophical alternatives.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to finish watching second season of The Boys. Has a few slow spots, but just as good as the first season IMO. The entire cast is well put together. And I really want a Fresca after watching it (despite not liking artificial sweeteners).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 2:15 AM, Kangaroorex said:

Been watching Unforgettable on prime.  Not a bad series, decent actors and enough interesting plots to keep track show reasonably entertaining. 

 

 I think I only ever caught the first two seasons, but I liked that show.

 

 

In the past month, I've managed to plow through the first six and a half seasons of Game of Thrones again. There were actually a couple good scenes in there that I'd somehow forgotten about. Should be done with it by the end of the week.

 

 

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 6:34 PM, Mad Jack said:

 

 I think I only ever caught the first two seasons, but I liked that show.

It was a weird experience.  The show was canceled twice and then bought by a different network so everything after the first 2 seasons is a bit jumpy and season 4 was not the best work.  It even included some direct lifts from previous seasons.  But the acting made the show.  Worth the watch if you have the time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 6:34 PM, Mad Jack said:

In the past month, I've managed to plow through the first six and a half seasons of Game of Thrones again. There were actually a couple good scenes in there that I'd somehow forgotten about. Should be done with it by the end of the week.

 

Putting in a spoiler in case anyone hasn't seen it:

 

Spoiler

Season 4 Episode 2, Joffrey's death. Most satisfying scene ever, IMO. Followed closely by Jojen Reed's in the same season.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been watching all the old UPN sitcoms on Netflix. Good times.

 

Hear they're losing The Office, prolly for a while at the very least (seriously, broccoli you, NBC, I'm not doing another broccolity broccoliing streaming service, and broccoli you too, Disney and HBO and CBS, while we're at it here, I was literally threatening just to go back to cable at this point earlier tonight lol, thank you for attending my parenthetical TED talk), so think I'll restart that again here soon. It's become one of my regular go-back-tos, so will miss it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Office is by far our most watched Netflix show. We have been watching it start to finish again recently, but is one that is rare to go a week without at least an episode being played in our house.

 

I started Haunting of Hill House yesterday. Nobody will watch it with me but it is the best TV I have watched in a while. I would put it above The Boys, Umbrella Academy, The Good Place, or Vikings that have all been watched recently. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Talae said:

The Office is by far our most watched Netflix show. We have been watching it start to finish again recently, but is one that is rare to go a week without at least an episode being played in our house.

 

I started Haunting of Hill House yesterday. Nobody will watch it with me but it is the best TV I have watched in a while. I would put it above The Boys, Umbrella Academy, The Good Place, or Vikings that have all been watched recently. 

 

That is high praise, since I love The Boys so much, I now must watch to see how it stacks up.

 

Haven't gotten to watch much of anything lately. I had time to watch a non-political skit from this Saturday's SNL on youtube. Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but Kate McKinnon had tears coming out of my eyes from laughing at her Madame Vivelda fortune teller skit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the sequel to Haunting of Hill House and was wondering how it was.  It looked pretty interesting.  might have to check it out. 

 

Right now watching Evil on netflix and it has been entertaining.  I am about half way through and i still am not sure if this is a supernatural horror or just one really devious psychopath.  It may not be the best screenplay i have ever seen but the story is entrancing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished watching the first season of Angel. Never got to see it back in the day, but man it feels like a time-capsule. Flip-open cell phones, the style of clothing (I still dress like David Boreanaz did without ever seeing it, basic long sleeve, generic jeans/pants, but no overcoat... if only he wore more hoodies).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Finished watching the first season of Angel. Never got to see it back in the day, but man it feels like a time-capsule. Flip-open cell phones, the style of clothing (I still dress like David Boreanaz did without ever seeing it, basic long sleeve, generic jeans/pants, but no overcoat... if only he wore more hoodies).

 

You have no idea how much my wardrobe is influenced by Buffy & Willow... lol

 

Watched Queen's Gambit. It is very well done and enjoyable, not light hearted, but not overly dark either.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...