You know you've watched too much Forged in Fire when you go to fix a bent Bones sword and refer to plunging in the ice water as "going to quench the blade." And then still curse when it comes out warped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has anyone else noticed this:   https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jun/20/petition-netflix-cancel-amazon-prime-good-omens-christian-neil-gaiman-terry-pratchett   I will not say

You know you've watched too much Forged in Fire when you go to fix a bent Bones sword and refer to plunging in the ice water as "going to quench the blade." And then still curse when it comes out warp

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I started watching Pacific Rim: The Black on Netflix. I'm only 3(4?) episodes in so far. The animation is good, the story is interesting, but pretty dark so far. A bit Pacific Rim meets Mad Max.....

Certainly interesting enough to keep watching and there seems to be lots of plot hooks inserted that could lead things in a number of directions.

I've got that on my 'to watch' list, gotta finish Kid Cosmic and Blood of Zeus first though.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, haldir said:

My son watches the Food that shaped America or whatever that show is called & I saw a ad for this one. Kinda curious, I may try & find it On Demand.

Resident Alien continues to be favorite show on tv right now (granted, my tv watching is mostly AEW Dynamite & various sports shows) but damn the entire cast is funny as hell. Alan Tudyk is just the cherry on top.  outside of Alan, I still think "Big Black" is my favorite character.

They had been putting up episodes on the history site...not sure, can't check at the moment because I'm using my tablet

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I started watching Pacific Rim: The Black on Netflix. I'm only 3(4?) episodes in so far. The animation is good, the story is interesting, but pretty dark so far. A bit Pacific Rim meets Mad Max.....

Certainly interesting enough to keep watching and there seems to be lots of plot hooks inserted that could lead things in a number of directions.

Is it better then Pacific Rim meets the Power Rangers movie (ie the 2nd movie)??

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, haldir said:

Is it better then Pacific Rim meets the Power Rangers movie (ie the 2nd movie)??

To me, yes. (not that I remember the 2nd movie well, which is likely an indication of how good it was).

I've just finished episode 5, and The Black really suits it both in mood and the fact we, like the main characters, still have no real idea what is going in.....

Very interesting, but not a feel good sort of show so far.

• Like 1

PR was a fun movie for me. Loved the whole concept behind it. I've only seen trailers & bit & pieces of the 2nd movie & was like wow, what trash is this. Tbh, I'm not sure what his name from the new SW movies didn't say that movie also ruined his career. I may have to take a peek at that series.

• Like 2

I'm watching Wander over Yonder (Disney XD) and Kid Cosmic, both by Craig McCracken of Power Puff Girls fame. 

It took me a bit to get in the zone with Wander. It has a very Power Puff Girls tone and most of what I've been watching recently is more serious than that. Once I was able to get into the PPG mindset, I began to enjoy it.  And I'm enjoying season 2 even more with Wander on a mission to get the galaxy's two most evil villains to go out on a date.  Some good music in this as well.

I'm 3 episodes into Kid Cosmic and its OK but not quite there yet.  I enjoy the comic book feel they give the art and the story is interesting enough to keep my attention, but I'm hoping they bring in a serious villain soon (Stuck Chuck doesn't count).  

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Welp. I've reached the end of Voyager, and on a lark I rewatched the original run of Arrested Development, and I've been rewatching The Witcher a little, and, well. Kinda out of things to watch, I guess. I've been through the old stand-bys, or else they've fled to other platforms, and meh. Nothing looks exactly good. I dunno. Hit me with your Netflix/Hulu/Prime/HBO-friendly recommendations. Or Disney, I guess.

Loaded a ton of HBO and FX shows into the queue today. Dunno how far that'll go, but.

Watching Barry right now. Enjoying it. I've always liked Bill Hader, for some reason.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hit me with your Netflix/Hulu/Prime/HBO-friendly recommendations. Or Disney, I guess.

The Expanse on Prime is worth watching.  I haven't started the most recent season but the first few were good.  And The Boys, if you haven't seen those.  Other than that my recommendations are mostly animated shows.

I finished Pacific Rim: The Black, and it was ok.  I'm really not a fan of that animation style, and the sporadic subtitles annoyed me more than they should have, but it points to lazy production.  But the plot was fine, the characters likeable enough.  I honestly don't know if I'd watch a second season of it.  

I saw the first episode of Invincible and I am hooked.  They released the first three episodes so as soon as I get a chance, I'll grab the other two

Another Prime show that may be a hidden gem for some of you is Cybersix.  It is a late 90's animated show based off an Argentinian comic.  The titular hero is a female genetic engineering survivor who dresses as a male teacher during the day to throw off her pursuers.  The show is a bit too much kid oriented, but otherwise is a pretty well done 90's animated show.  

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Unit04 said:

And The Boys, if you haven't seen those.

An excellent suggestion. Especially if you want to watch something against the usual superhero trope. And Karl Urban in one of his finest performances.

I recently caught up on the seasons of Shameless (US version) on Netflix. Good all around, good casting, doesn't shirk from providing social commentary. 10 seasons of it, so that can eat up some binging time.

If you don't mind dubbed shows, I thought Babylon Berlin was fantastic (haven't watched the latest season on Netflix yet). It's a German show, taking place in Berlin in the fallout after WWI. Police investigation series, but lots of good historical background if enjoy that kind of thing.

• Like 2

The Expanse I need to catch up on. Never have watched the last couple Amazon seasons. It's one of those shows I really like but just somehow never get around to keeping up.

The Boys seems like something I think I'd hate but then wind up liking, but even knowing how my brain works I've been reluctant to dive in. Will probably get there eventually.

Babylon Berlin looks great; I just feel weird watching dubbed live-action shows so never do. It's been in my queue awaiting that day I finally wanna sit down and read subtitles.

Can report I've added Superstore into the noise mix. It's had some really funny moments, and I'm told it gets better as it goes.

• Like 2