• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, aku-chan said:

Finally got around to watching the final season of Castlevania.

I watched that a few months ago, can't remember all of it, but I am pretty sure I enjoyed it. You are correct, the second season was really good. I do want minis of Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades to paint (well-done ones, I've found some "meh" ones 3D prints on other sites).

• Like 4

I watched Star Trek: Insurrection the other day and it was about what I remembered. Very much a longer TV episode. I've also discovered why it started the downfall of Star Trek movies: The shaved Riker's beard. Since growing the beard made TNG good, taking it away is directly responsible for the train wreck that was Nemesis. The thing that really bothers me is how they tried to so hard to maintain the status quo. No mention of Worf losing Jadzia. Only lip service to the Dominion War. And, I mean, Ru'Afo? Rufio! Just... A little too on the nose. However, age and distance did make me appreciate it more than I did when I went to see it in theaters. It's not great but it isn't terrible.

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I watched that a few months ago, can't remember all of it, but I am pretty sure I enjoyed it. You are correct, the second season was really good. I do want minis of Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades to paint (well-done ones, I've found some "meh" ones 3D prints on other sites).

Alucard with his season 4 Lion Shield would make a snazzy mini too.

• Like 3

Watched the first episode of Only Murders in the Building. Not sure about it right now. Kinda seems like it’s trying too hard to be sad but quirky. Or something like that. Might give it another try when I’m in a different mood.

• Like 2

I’ve been rewatching Fringe on Prime/iMDB.  Man, I’d forgotten how good that show was. 

The Wheel of Time teaser dropped a few days ago. It looked pretty good; I’m cautiously optimistic that Prime will do a decent job with it. Can’t wait for November 19th. 

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sadly, the last ST movie I watched was the disastrous, nauseating remake of the "Original" characters. I was a ST fan since seeing the frist season's "Mantrap".

I actually liked them? I have mixed feelings about Into Darkness but it wasn't terrible.

And I'm going to be getting a Paramount+ account next week. There will be much watching of Star Trek. Probably going to start with Lower Decks. :ph34r:

• Like 5

Been splitting time between The Office and Married... With Children. Fun and timely stuff.

The live-action Cowboy Bebop looks, put mildly and generously, like it's gonna be awful. That's all I guess I've really looked at recently, and it's too depressing to think about.

Oh--anybody watched Y: The Last Man? Was trying to decide whether to give it a go.

Watching the new season of Endeavor.  It's interesting watching a modern tv show trying to recreate a time period and place I lived in. 

Watching the new season of Grantchester.  They're flogging a point, which will get tiresome, but I'm enjoying the show none the less. 

Watched the first two parts of Foundation.  I'm going to be disappointed, I can tell. 

We watched the first episode of The Lost Symbol, and are stopping there.  Plot holes you could toss a basketball through and a lot of WTF moments. 

Re-watched the 2000 vintage Dune tv series, the Euro one.  Hadn't remembered that the effects were that awful.  Still, I think it was more faithful to the book than the later version. 

Then we watched the documentary on Jodorowsky's Dune, the movie that never got made.  If you didn't live though the 70's a lot of that is not going to make sense, but I can understand why it got the axe. 

We've got the 1984 version of Dune to watch this week.  Will be interesting to compare the two movies, and of course we plan to see the new release this fall. 

I hear there's two more seasons of The Witcher coming. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Marvin said:

The live-action Cowboy Bebop looks, put mildly and generously, like it's gonna be awful.

It does resemble something a bunch of cosplayers put together for fun doesn't it?

I still want to watch it though, if it ever pops up outside of Netflix.

But if they're struggling to adapt Bebop, I wonder how they're going to handle something really anime like that live action version of One Piece they're supposedly working on.