Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

What's on TV?

I watched The Purge: Anarchy (2014) on Wed, so on Sun, 18 Sep @1900 I'll watch The Incredibles (2004) on FreeForm.

On Monday through Thursday @2300 I'll watch The Daily Show on Comedy Central.

Mon, 19 Sep......Gotham s3 premier @2000 on Fox, Lucifer s2 premier @2100 on Fox, Major Crimes season finale @2200 on TNT.

Tue, 20 Sep.......Either Bull premier @2100 on CBS or Scream Queens s2 premier @2100 on Fox. Agents of SHIELD s4 premier @2200 on ABC.

Wed, 21 Sep......Either Blindspot @2000 on NBC or Lethal Weapon premier @2000 on Fox, I would like to try Speechless @2030 on ABC but will have to find some other way to watch it. Designated Survivor premier @2200 on ABC.

Thu, 22 Sep........Notorious premier @2100 on ABC and The Blacklist s4 premier @2200 on NBC.

Fri, 23 Sep.........Z-Nation @2100 and Van Helsing (2 hours) @2200 on SyFy.

I didn't see anything on Saturday that caught my eye.

Sun, 25 Sep......Once Upon a Time s6 premier @2000 on ABC, Quantico s2 premier @2200 on ABC, the Motive series finale @2300 on USA, The Strain s3e5 @0103 on FX.

Edited by Brother Jim

Scream Queens season 2 started last night!  :bday:

I watched that last night as a court room drama just seemed like it would be boring (Bull on CBS).

I don't think I watched any of season 1, so I was a little confused.

But this is just something to watch until The Flash comes back on.

Scream Queens season 2 started last night!  :bday:

I watched that last night as a court room drama just seemed like it would be boring (Bull on CBS).

I don't think I watched any of season 1, so I was a little confused.

But this is just something to watch until The Flash comes back on.

You'd definitely be confused w/out having seen the first season. That one took place on a college campus and was pretty much a satire on both Greek college life (all of the characters belonged to a sorority and their brother fraternity) and teen horror movies from the Scream vein. And it was definitely not politically correct, which is a huge part of the humor. Last season ended with the 3 Chanels getting framed for all of the murders and locked away in a mental hospital. I'm guessing that they switched to the hospital setting this season just b/c the college thing was played out (not to mention that 90% of the characters were dead).

And I agree about Bull looking boring, which is really sad. I watched NCIS until 2 seasons ago and Michael Weatherly was my favorite actor on the series. I tuned back in to watch his final episodes and was pretty happy about how they sent him off.

Watched the premieres of Lethal Weapon on Fox and Designated Survivor on ABC on Wed. evening.

It has been a long time since I've seen any of the Lethal Weapon movies, but I thought both pilots were really good.

I'm just not going to be able to keep watching Lethal Weapon after Legends of Tomorrow starts up on 13 Oct.

I'm anxiously waiting to watch Lethal Weapon. Usually I wouldn't give a TV remake of a hugely successful movie franchise a ice cube's chance in hell of being any good, but in this case it's got Damon Wayans, so I will give it a shot.  IMO though they should have teamed Wayans up with Bruce Willis instead (I mean its not like Bruce doing anything anyways) and made a series out of The Last Boyscout instead. I loved that movie. Still do!  Anyways, I've got it on the DVR, just waiting for my son and I to have some free time together so we can both watch it. Homework & soccer haven't left us much free time this week.

Oh, I'm also excited to show him First Blood for the first time.  It was on IFC last week and I watched about 20 minutes of it, but didn't catch it in time to record the beginning. Luckily it's going to be on again soon. Today maybe? 

Watching the little bits I did - starting w/the scene where he escapes from jail, up to the point where he takes out the sheriff's patrol in the woods one by one - made me think about how Stallone's career really kinda took a left turn on him. Sure he was a musclehead compared to most actors, but he started out doing a lot of serious acting. Rocky's 1-3 F.I.S.T. and First Blood were all dramas that required professional acting, with action throw into the mix. But then the other Rambo movies made so much money that he started shifting towards the action-hero role more and more.

And that just reminded me that I need to go order the book that First Blood is based on. I need a book to take on vacation next month and I've always wanted to read that one. When I was in JrH/HS I read another book by the same author and loved it. (It was about an American assassin in Japan and had ninjas IIRC, so what wasn't there for a 14 year old to love?) 

I got about 10 minutes each into Notorious and Once Upon a Time and realized that I just didn't want to watch them.

I did not get to watch the Motive series finale as I had "No Signal" on USA Sunday night and it's not scheduled to repeat.

Mon through Thu @2300 on Comedy Central will be The Daily Show.

Mon, 26 Sep.....Maleficent (2014) @1800 on SyFy. Gotham @2000 on Fox. Lucifer isn't on due to politics. Supergirl s1e18 @2100 on the CW.

Tue,27 Sep.......Scream Queens @2100 on Fox. Agents of SHIELD @2200 on ABC.

Wed, 28 Sep.....A repeat of the Aftermath pilot @0100 on SyFy. Lethal Weapon @2000 on Fox. Designated Survivor @2200 on ABC.

Thu, 29 Sep......The Blacklist @2200 on NBC.

Fri, 30 Sep........Z-Nation @2100 and Van Helsing @2200 on SyFy.

Sat, 01 Oct........Repeats of the first 4 episodes of The Good Place @2000 on NBC (two hours).

Sun, 02 Oct.......Quantico @2200 on ABC. The Strain s3e6 @2301 on FX.

Luke Cage: Sweet Christmas! 

episode 4

This is really good. and totally not aimed at me. 

It moves with a musical beat.  I don't like it as much as Jessica Jones, so far but I would rate it second best superhero show on TV. 

Aftermath was OK, but not good enough to want to stay up to an unGodly hour to catch a repeat.

The Good Place was pretty good, but I'm only going to be able to see 1 more episode before Legends of Tomorrow returns on the 13th.

Mon through Thu @2300 on Comedy Central will be The Daily Show.

Sun, 02 Oct........I might rewatch Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) @1900 on FX. Quantico @2200 on ABC. The Strain s3e6 @2301 on FX.

Mon, 03 Oct.......Gotham @2000 and Lucifer @2100 on Fox. Conviction premier @2201 on ABC because Hayley Atwell.

Tue, 04 Oct........The Flash s3 premier @2000 and No Tomorrow pilot @2100 on the CW. Aftermath @2200 on SyFy.

..............................No Scream Queens or Agents of SHIELD due to politics.

Wed, 05 Oct.......Arrow s5 premier @2000 and Frequency pilot @2100 on the CW. Designated Survivor @2200 on ABC.

Thu, 06 Oct........The Good Place @2030 and The Blacklist @2200 on NBC.

Fri, 07 Oct.........Timeless s1e1 repeat @2000 on NBC, Z-Nation @2100 and Van Helsing @2200 on SyFy.

Sat, 08 Oct.........I will watch at least the first 30 minutes of Mommy's Secret @2000 on Lifetime because Charisma Carpenter.

............................If I'm not into it I might rewatch either Pitch Perfect (2012) @2030 on FreeForm or Maleficent (2014) @2100 on USA.

.....EDIT...............I might stay up to watch Westworld (1973) @2300 on SyFy.

Sun, 09 Oct.......The Equalizer (2014) @1900 and The Strain @2200 on FX. No Quantico due to politics.

Edited by Brother Jim