Marvin

What's on TV?

My daughter and I have started watching a new show on Netflix called "Hilda".  It's about an adventurous girl in her early teens (or so) who lives in a fantastic world that still has science.  There's Trolls and TV, Elves and cars... all sorts.  It's apparently based on a children's book, but we haven't heard of it before.  But the show itself is really well done, and it yanks her attention off of her ipad when I stream it to the TV. :)

• Like 5

On 9/2/2018 at 3:17 PM, Cyradis said:

The Good Place is a gem of a show. 

It’s quirky and I like it. 

New season starts Thursday!

5 hours ago, Zink said:

She's my favourite character and it doesn't hurt that Lana Parrilla is pretty close to my ideal girl in looks either. Not much of an Emma fan. 

Met Jennifer Morrison in person a couple of times. She’s stunningly beautiful in real life.

Wish I had met Lana Parrilla when they were filming up here.

But yeah, OUAT started out great but ended up being unwatchable at the end.

Very disappointing.

I’ve been watching Lodge 49, another quirky show.

So far I’m enjoying it. But I’m wondering if it’ll have legs to last.

• Like 3

Second season just went up on Hulu for The Good Place, and I have to watch that one. 

Currently finishing up Quantico. Not quite sure why I keep watching. It is pretty dumb in general and overly dramatic in the wrong ways. Eh. Keeps my ears on. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Currently finishing up Quantico. Not quite sure why I keep watching. It is pretty dumb in general and overly dramatic in the wrong ways. Eh. Keeps my ears on. 

I had high hopes for it when it started but stopped watching during the first season.

Ive been enjoying Take Two.

I’ll admit it’s not breaking any new ground though.

@Cyradis I just remembered you’re up here now.

If you want to see some of OUAT’s filming locations Steveston in Richmond was downtown Storybrooke and still very recognizable as such. They also did location work in Fort Langley. You might recognize the old town hall.

Supernatural also films a lot down there.

• Like 1

Started watching Seven Deadly Sins.  Was only supposed to be 2-3 episodes, but I'm six episodes in now.  So much for putting Skaven together tonight since I kind of spent all that time watching anime ^_^;;;;

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I had high hopes for it when it started but stopped watching during the first season.

Ive been enjoying Take Two.

I’ll admit it’s not breaking any new ground though.

@Cyradis I just remembered you’re up here now.

If you want to see some of OUAT’s filming locations Steveston in Richmond was downtown Storybrooke and still very recognizable as such. They also did location work in Fort Langley. You might recognize the old town hall.

Supernatural also films a lot down there.

It gets quite amusing when SPN states that they're in the remote NM desert, or even back in Boulder CO and somehow it still looks like the Pacific Northwest! May be fun to check out the locations at some point. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Started watching Seven Deadly Sins.  Was only supposed to be 2-3 episodes, but I'm six episodes in now.  So much for putting Skaven together tonight since I kind of spent all that time watching anime ^_^;;;;

That one is bloody hilarious and awesome. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It’s quirky and I like it. 

New season starts Thursday!

Met Jennifer Morrison in person a couple of times. She’s stunningly beautiful in real life.

Wish I had met Lana Parrilla when they were filming up here.

But yeah, OUAT started out great but ended up being unwatchable at the end.

Very disappointing.

I’ve been watching Lodge 49, another quirky show.

So far I’m enjoying it. But I’m wondering if it’ll have legs to last.

Jennifer Morrison is pretty enough but in OUAT she's always got that stupid frown because she can't figure out the situation of the week. Her character just was never that interesting to me. Also I just like brunettes more. Stick the same woman in a different wig and I'd most likely go for the dark haired version. I'd love em all if I could but the brunettes would be first. :poke:

7 hours ago, Cyradis said:

It gets quite amusing when SPN states that they're in the remote NM desert, or even back in Boulder CO and somehow it still looks like the Pacific Northwest! May be fun to check out the locations at some point. 

That and in Stargate SG1 where every planet in the universe tends to look like our west coast forest.  Unless it's filmed in the gravel pit the studio loved to use. I understand the limits but it is amusing to see how they stretch it at times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cyradis said:

That one is bloody hilarious and awesome. 

I strongly suspect that is what had me keep going.  If it wasn't from starting to pass out at the keyboard, I suspect I would have gone a few more episodes! 

37 minutes ago, Zink said:

That and in Stargate SG1 where every planet in the universe tends to look like our west coast forest.  Unless it's filmed in the gravel pit the studio loved to use. I understand the limits but it is amusing to see how they stretch it at times.

Don't forget the in town segments, where they're "in the US" in some small town but there's a 604 area code on a building wall.... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It would be a pretty hilarious fan-tour for the SPN crew to do: hop in an RV and go to the towns the brothers went to. Then get a picture of the location to compare with the episode. They aren't above self satire in the slightest... it would fit. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I strongly suspect that is what had me keep going.  If it wasn't from starting to pass out at the keyboard, I suspect I would have gone a few more episodes! 

Don't forget the in town segments, where they're "in the US" in some small town but there's a 604 area code on a building wall.... 

I can't remember what show it was we were watching not long ago and they were somewhere in the eastern US but all of the vehicles on the street had BC plates. Guess lots of people picked that day to drive across the continent to visit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Binging on Luke Cage. Omg is it good, nice meaty plot, fleshed out characters and the best music around. Also finished season 2 of Iron Fist also better than season 1.

Right now wife and I are watching The Good Cop. It is a out a straight laced cop who has to live with his crooked cop father straight out of jail. Predictable but fun police procedural.

• Like 1

Started watching The Bletchley Circle - San Francisco tonight.

It’s about a group of female English and American WWII codebreakers who solve murders in post war San Francisco. At least that’s what the first episode is about so far. (Watching as I type)

Really enjoying it.

• Like 3

Iron Fist season 2 was actually good. Colleen stole the show, largely. I'm glad this one got improved well. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Iron Fist season 2 was actually good. Colleen stole the show, largely. I'm glad this one got improved well. 

It improved. And I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how season 3 (or Defenders ssn 2) handles the changes for Colleen.

But I would definitely argue the statement that it improved enough to be "good.":rolleyes:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sanael said:

It improved. And I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how season 3 (or Defenders ssn 2) handles the changes for Colleen.

But I would definitely argue the statement that it improved enough to be "good.":rolleyes:

Perhaps it is just good in comparison to the first season. Danny Rand did become a better character, both here and in Luke Cage S2. Honestly, he made a great sidekick for Luke; I like him more in that show than his own typically. A bit of turning the Batman and Robin trope on its head - he was rich kid Robin telling Luke to calm down and meditate, while the broke as heck broody Luke did most of the work. And their joint fight scenes were a blast. 

Defenders with Colleen would be pretty good. And Misty. Claire needs more help keeping all of them thinking clearly! 

• Like 2