Marvin

What's on TV?

@Glitterwolf is back!   Somebody alert @Erifnogard 

@Glitterwolf we broke the forums!  It wasn’t in your honor, honest, no bags of glitter were harmed during the breaking of the Forum. 

Edited by TGP
I swear I was posting that in the Randomness thread.
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, TGP said:

@Glitterwolf we broke the forums!  It wasn’t in your honor, honest, no bags of glitter were harmed during the breaking of the Forum. 

Huh, I didn't know @Glitterwolf was a tv show :ik_oops: It must be on one of those network streaming services....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I assumed the forum broke due the heavy traffic caused by @Glitterwolf catching up on all posts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

With no forum to spend my time on yesterday I watched a lot of Arrested Development. I'd heard of it but knew nothing about it going in. Funny enough to keep me watching. Also finished watching Avatar the last airbender with my kids. We'd seen about half of it years ago so it was good to catch the second half and ending. 

• Like 4

Seven Deadly Sins has been a LOT of fun to watch.  Redacted happens, spoilers this and that, and by the gods Diane and Ban are downright epic, and very much so my favourites. 

All sorts of interesting (ninja reactions) happen throughout the story too, and I like how instead of making you wait twenty episodes like most anime to get more of the story, it's usually expanded upon that episode or the next, with more later on....  Which is a nice change, to say the least. 

Oh, and Hog is just the best. Yup.  Won't say anything else on that front, because it's so full of spoilers it isn't even funny. :p

• Like 3

22 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Seven Deadly Sins has been a LOT of fun to watch.  Redacted happens, spoilers this and that, and by the gods Diane and Ban are downright epic, and very much so my favourites. 

All sorts of interesting (ninja reactions) happen throughout the story too, and I like how instead of making you wait twenty episodes like most anime to get more of the story, it's usually expanded upon that episode or the next, with more later on....  Which is a nice change, to say the least. 

Oh, and Hog is just the best. Yup.  Won't say anything else on that front, because it's so full of spoilers it isn't even funny. :p

AHH I need to see the new stuff. Diane and Ban are awesome. Super awesome. But... kinda hard to beat Hoc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

AHH I need to see the new stuff. Diane and Ban are awesome. Super awesome. But... kinda hard to beat Hoc. 

Yeah.  Piggy trot, piggy trot, piggy trot, piggy trot!   Hoc is awesome indeed! 

I'm only at episode 20 being recently finished, but apparently season 3 comes out very soon... 

• Like 1

Bah...

Finished watching season 2 of IZombie today, but season 3 onwards never got a physical release in the UK so I can't get any further :down:

Curse my need to watch things in an increasingly obsolete format!

• Sad 4

On 10/6/2018 at 3:31 PM, aku-chan said:

Bah...

Finished watching season 2 of IZombie today, but season 3 onwards never got a physical release in the UK so I can't get any further :down:

Curse my need to watch things in an increasingly obsolete format!

I just checked on that "interweb company that sounds like a really big river" and they have a Netherlands version that has the english language track. Europe is all region 2, so you'd just have to google translate the menus....

Has anyone watched the new Doctor Who? I have to wait until Wednesday so my best bud and I can watch it together :down:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Has anyone watched the new Doctor Who? I have to wait until Wednesday so my best bud and I can watch it together :down:

Yes. It was... okay. A little preachy, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

Blargh, I have to wait until lthe 15th to watch any more episodes of Seven Deadly Sins...   Assuming they don't do what they've done in the past where they email everyone, but Canadians are given the American release date but wind up waiting several more weeks. 

Would be nice if they have fixed that email glitch. ^_^

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I just checked on that "interweb company that sounds like a really big river" and they have a Netherlands version that has the english language track. Europe is all region 2, so you'd just have to google translate the menus....

Thanks for that!

A little worried that there's no season 4 set mentioned, so I think I'll be patient and wait for the whole show to get released.

I watched the new Dr. Who, as someone who has found the show to be very hit and miss over the last few years, I thought it was pretty good.

• Like 3

Dr. Who has been hit or miss for decades. :) 

I quite enjoyed the reboot of Magnum PI.  I was a fan of the original and they did a good job of bringing the feel of the original show back, while updating it to current day.   I'm liking it more than Jack Ryan, which has so much promise and gets so stupid every episode in the critical scene.  I know Army privates who could run better covert ops than anyone in that show. 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2018 at 4:41 AM, aku-chan said:

I watched the new Dr. Who, as someone who has found the show to be very hit and miss over the last few years, I thought it was pretty good.

I'll playfully say it needs more David Tennant.  He was my favourite one.  The last two, ah unno.  Not quite the same to me. 

• Like 1