77008:Garrick the Bold - Sir Forscale's Bad Day

So I finished my Sir Forscale ^_^

He's been quite fun to paint because he doesn't have eyes, which just stress me out... And as I'm terribly grungy at times, I decided to make my dear little knight here nice and grotty too. My extremely makeshift backdrop is still going strong too =P

11870927_10153267771193451_1159130867640

11259169_10153267771283451_6995774113412

11902250_10153267771003451_7102504533462

He's painted with the following: 

GW's Citadel

-Khorne Red

-White Scar

-Leadbelcher

-Nuln Oil

-Seraphim Sepia

-Blood for the Blood God

-Auric Armour

-Runelord Brass

and P3

-Thamar Black

-Umbral Umber

-Bloodtracker Brown

-Cold Steel 

So eee =] 

I will make another backdrop at some point, or print some, either way, but for the time being, I've only got my dark angsty homemade one. This is also the first time I've tried to really freehand anything - ie, the quadrants on his tabard - so while he's not perfect, I'm quite pleased with how he's turned out. His sword's got a bit of a quirk in it, despite several attempts at boiling him, but what do, it doesn't bother me too much.

Edited by Komplex
  • Like 21
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! He indeed looks as though he's been through the grinder, a bit.

Thanks ^_^ 

But heehee, indeed - Drifter posted a new brush and a bunch of paints over to me, so I celebrated by trying out as much as I could here. 

• Like 3

Your makeshift photo background works very well.

Love the blood on this guy! Nice and dribly. Looks like you are putting that brush to good use!

Also, I do really like the 2 toned tabard!

Looks like you are leveling up your painting quite quickly!

Nice , now you need to paint up some creatures to place him beside.

Hopefully I'll get Ebonwrath finished today or tomorrow ^_^ so at least, he'll have a dragon to pester him. I'm planning to do another order quite soon though, and I've got a few beasties I've been eyeing up which'll find their way into that one. 

Cheers ^_^

Your makeshift photo background works very well.

Love the blood on this guy! Nice and dribly. Looks like you are putting that brush to good use!

Also, I do really like the 2 toned tabard!

Looks like you are leveling up your painting quite quickly!

^_^ Ta

It's helped that I'm expanding my selection of paints with almost every figure at the moment, so I have more options to play with, and I'm worrying less about stuff overall and just enjoying it more. But eee, thank you ever so much!

Also, I meant to add...

This article really helped me get over my fear of eyes:

https://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/12

Ah yes, I read this the other day - gonna give it a try on my next eye'd mini ^_^ 

Very nice! He indeed looks as though he's been through the grinder, a bit.

Thanks ^_^ 

But heehee, indeed - Drifter posted a new brush and a bunch of paints over to me, so I celebrated by trying out as much as I could here. 

Paint delivery service at your... service

But yars, looks nice hun. I prefer yours to mine tbh, loving the quadranted tabbard

-snip-

Paint delivery service at your... service

But yars, looks nice hun. I prefer yours to mine tbh, loving the quadranted tabbard

=P Beats the slow elf shipping of the alternative though. 

^_^ Thanks - yours is much much neater than mine though. 

• Like 1

That man has seen some action.  I dig it.

I've always been a fan of miniatures that looked worn.  I love the movie Excalibur.  One of the things I love, and there are many, is when all the knights are heading out in search of the Holy Grail and their armor is all polished and shiny and gleaming, just absolutely pristine, but then it cuts to when they've been out there for...well, quite some time, and the armor is all dull and dusty and filthy.  That bit and your mini reminds me of a player from one of my gaming groups who frequenty updated the paint job on his figure.

He really went all out.  The first session it was like those knights, all shiny and vibrant and clean.  After a few adventures, he added a dark wash to drab it up and accented the boots and lower fringe of the cloak with muddy brown.  If he took a particularly bad beating in a battle, the next session he'd come back with battle damage: gouging dents in the armor, chipping out bits of the sword and shield, tattering the cloak.  And adding scars to exposed skin and splashing on a bit of blood here and there.  And when he got cool magical gear, he'd start with the mods.  New sword.  New shield.  Fresh cloak.  And if he couldn't patch it, repaint it or mod it, he'd bought multiple copies of the same figure and would just start fresh.  It was a beautiful madness and I've never seen its like again.

Anyway, I love the grunge.  Keep those figures dirty! 

• Like 1

That man has seen some action.  I dig it.

I've always been a fan of miniatures that looked worn.  I love the movie Excalibur.  One of the things I love, and there are many, is when all the knights are heading out in search of the Holy Grail and their armor is all polished and shiny and gleaming, just absolutely pristine, but then it cuts to when they've been out there for...well, quite some time, and the armor is all dull and dusty and filthy.  That bit and your mini reminds me of a player from one of my gaming groups who frequenty updated the paint job on his figure.

He really went all out.  The first session it was like those knights, all shiny and vibrant and clean.  After a few adventures, he added a dark wash to drab it up and accented the boots and lower fringe of the cloak with muddy brown.  If he took a particularly bad beating in a battle, the next session he'd come back with battle damage: gouging dents in the armor, chipping out bits of the sword and shield, tattering the cloak.  And adding scars to exposed skin and splashing on a bit of blood here and there.  And when he got cool magical gear, he'd start with the mods.  New sword.  New shield.  Fresh cloak.  And if he couldn't patch it, repaint it or mod it, he'd bought multiple copies of the same figure and would just start fresh.  It was a beautiful madness and I've never seen its like again.

Anyway, I love the grunge.  Keep those figures dirty! 

That sounds actually incredible =] 

I have two minis set aside at the moment (though not at my house, sadly, so I cannae paint them) and they're the lower and higher level forms of one of my Pathfinder characters =] but I love the idea of a mini growing and changing with a character - I may try and do the same, though perhaps to a slightly lesser degree to begin with. 

But thank you ^_^ I shall keep on gunking them up, for sure.