Sign in to follow this  
Trodax

Wolf from Hasslefree Miniatures (first attempt at NMM)

You are an apt student; i.e., the skin tones & metalwork are OUTSTANDING as is the the rest of the brushwork. Your eye for colors & adept work on the base finish off the miniature in FINE fashion. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Wow, thank you for all the praise, truly. Makes me itch to get back to the brushes. ::):

I also appreciate how the base gives a sense of location without being so "busy" as to distract from the figure.

Thank you for the comments Jordan, that was really nice. Regarding the base, it's from Dragon Forge Design who I think make the nicest resin bases on the market. I like them for exactly the reasons you state: they are very well made but never too much, basically they just keep it simple, which is my very strong preference for bases.

Nicely done! I'm no NMM expert at all, but I really like how that turned out.

I'm not either, and I agree!

• Like 1

That's some excellent NMM and skintone! How did you hear about the workshop?

Thank you Patrik! I learned about the workshop via Facebook. Are you present there? If so you should join the two Swedish groups "Minis WIP" and "Visa världen att svenskar är ena jävlar på att måla" (funny name). In fact, if you're interested in these things, I just learned tonight that Robert from Rogland Painting Service is thinking about having a workshop in Stockholm sometime this winter perhaps. He's an astonishing painter, he's been painting all the miniatures for the games Bloodrage and The Others. Could be fun, let me know if you want to hook up and attend! ::):
  • Like 1

That's some excellent NMM and skintone! How did you hear about the workshop?

Thank you Patrik! I learned about the workshop via Facebook. Are you present there? If so you should join the two Swedish groups "Minis WIP" and "Visa världen att svenskar är ena jävlar på att måla" (funny name). In fact, if you're interested in these things, I just learned tonight that Robert from Rogland Painting Service is thinking about having a workshop in Stockholm sometime this winter perhaps. He's an astonishing painter, he's been painting all the miniatures for the games Bloodrage and The Others. Could be fun, let me know if you want to hook up and attend! ::):

Cool! I have many times murmured sourly to myself when I see all the nice US happenings. I will definitely check out the Stockholm one. Thanks for the tip and see you there if it happens :)

• Like 1