Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Prepainted repaints - Barbarian Gnoll, Barghest Savagers and Wolf Spiders

A few quick repaints. I'm quite pleased with how the gnoll turned out with such little effort.

Barghest Savagers (the photo is to bright but the minis aren't important enough for me to fix it :)

post-6964-0-96776400-1439924605.jpg

Gnoll Barbarian

post-6964-0-48525100-1439924607_thumb.jpg

Wolf Spiders

post-6964-0-75750700-1439924608.jpg

Edited by Patrik Strom
  • Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Here is a figure I painted up as a character in what my group calls "the B team adventure" - which revolves around the supporting cast for a more standard party. She is the cook/maid. I like the townsfolk from the WIzkids set a lot better than the other humanoids I have painted from them, like the elves. They have a lot of character which makes up for the sometimes shallow detail. I'm proud of this one because she basically had no face and I painted one on with fair success I think.

• By Evilhalfling
      Time to paint a new Dragon.  and whats a dragon without a WIP? 
      This will be My second largest painted Dragon,  behind only DDS2.  It will slip to 3rd when I get around to painting the KDM Dragon King, that boy is a Chonk.  
      My goal is two months - ie end of the year.  otherwise I will have only finished one dragon this year,  when normally I paint 3. 

but white is so boring.  
      lets see what references I can find to spice it up. 

Ooooh Mamma ! 

so to translate this into the figure ... 
      mint/pastel green tint on scales, pink in the creases. 
      the lizard above seems to have green around some scales and pink around others.  im not really sure how to make that work. 

time for some rough drafts.

Rule of thirds - all white surfaces should be 1/3 or less other colors,  this way it should still read as white scales. 
      It could easily overwhelm the dragon, and lose the white designation . (ie DO NOT replicate the too green small lizard on the top.) 
      I don't need back legs on my sketch, patterns will be identical to the front legs. 
      Should I splatter with yellow?  - it is either random color shift on scales or urine stains.  

Paint Colors: 
      Entrail Pink mixed with white for the creases  (red liner deepest shadow) 
      Green sky (vallejo) for the mint green, also 50/50 white.  (green liner for darkest shadows)
      Linen white as a base - Pure white for highlights. 
      Snow shadow (blue/white)   for shadows on the scales.
      The wings should be darker on above than below, and more pink ,  while the upper surface will be more green.  

Basing -
      Simple Snow Base.    The Dragon needs to be sturdy as it will join the collection that my Mini-Spawn plays with.    It comes with a transparent pole, and attachment points to the base. 
      No  need to reinvent the wheel. 

I think I need to sleep on this before moving past the clean-up stage. 
      Comments , Criticism or Suggestions?  

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  I've got a few minis floating around that were painted when my skills were lesser.  Been humoring the idea of touching them up.  My finished minis are sealed with a coat of Krylon Matte spray.  Any tips for touching up minis?  Anything to look out for?
    • By Nial ap Morai
      Tried to paint the Griffon to look like Buckbeak (a hippogriff I could not locate) for a friend’s HP diorama. 

• By MoonglowMinis
      "On mounting a rising ground, which brought the figure of his fellow-traveller in relief against the sky, gigantic in height, and muffled in a cloak, Ichabod was horror-struck on perceiving that he was headless! – but his horror was still more increased on observing that the head, which should have rested on his shoulders, was carried before him on the pommel of his saddle!"

After watching Sleepy Hollow the other day, I wanted to share with you this Headless Horseman that I painted up a year ago for a Sleepy Hollow One-Shot.

At the time, Nolzur's did not have their unpainted version available, so I tracked down a Pathfinder Pre-Paint and decided to give it a makeover.  The mini was a birthday gift to a friend who was running her first ever D&D game.

If you want to see the WIP check the spoiler

And the finished result!

It's still a bit drab, but definitely better than the original.  And the recipient of the gift loved the present!  Though our true adversary did turn out to be a flame-skull and the horseman barely saw any table time!  It's still a great piece to memorialize a DM's first game!

• Who's Online   11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)