Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

Cambion Lord by Fractured Dimensions

Great work.  I especially like the deep shadows on his face and the shadows and highlights on his legs, and the beautiful work on the blue surface of the shield.  The highlighting on the figure on the shield is a nice detail.

• Like 1

This is one of those instances where the quality of the painting/basing exceeds that of the miniature. Your brushwork & selection of colors is OUTSTANDINGAND the base sets off your creation BEAUTIFULLY. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

• Like 1

Nice work!

Lovin everything about him.

The armor caught my eye, and I am wondering how you did it?

Sigh...

I hope FD gets their stuff together soon....

8)

George

• Like 1

I think he looks great. Love the contrast, love skin tones, and all the work that went into him.

My one little nitpick is... the blue in the mace, his hair, on the shoulder armor and in the shield is all in the upper half of the figure. I like the green as contrast, but to keep the blue more balanced, I may suggest bringing it down as a highlight color on the top of the rocks. What do you think?

• Like 1

Outstanding. Great job of painting the negative spaces (i.e. the shadows are nice and dark). All the highlights really pop as a result.

• Like 1

Nice work!

Lovin everything about him.

The armor caught my eye, and I am wondering how you did it?

Sigh...

I hope FD gets their stuff together soon....

8)

George

For the golden chainmail I know I darkened the shadowy areas with Frontier Blue and Black Green. From there I started working up in color using Earth Brown, Tanned Leather, Linen White and then Pure White as the highest index of brightness.

I think he looks great. Love the contrast, love skin tones, and all the work that went into him.

My one little nitpick is... the blue in the mace, his hair, on the shoulder armor and in the shield is all in the upper half of the figure. I like the green as contrast, but to keep the blue more balanced, I may suggest bringing it down as a highlight color on the top of the rocks. What do you think?

I think that is a fantastic idea and is exactly the kind of 'bringing it all together that I need to get to a higher level of painting!

• Like 2

I really, REALLY need to get my FD stuff cleaned, primed, and ready to paint. Every time I see one of yours I keep remembering how awesome they were (and how much I wound up spending on them!)

AMAZING job on this. Tremendous mix between warm and cool colors, and I love the skintones and armor.

• Like 1

I really, REALLY need to get my FD stuff cleaned, primed, and ready to paint.

*cough*

I'm still waiting for a few more, including a specific one, Cash.....lol

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adrift
      My take on an iconic DND demon prince as sculpted by Paul Muller for the Fractured Dimensions line.

Paul resurfaced here recently to show off some of his new sculpting, and I pulled this fella off my shelf of shame to paint him up. 

• By EldritchEladrin
      Hello all,

Starting a new WIP for a mini I'm working on for one of the players in my D&D 5e campaign.

One of her characters is a Tiefling Eldritch Knight, so I have selected the glaive-weilding S'Kara to be the starting point for this project...

As you can see, I have just begun. I have primed the mini, and used a pair of pliers to slightly curve her horns, to achieve a more ram-like, less devil-like look.

I'm currently in the process of selecting colours for the cloth portion of her outfit. Any suggestions or ideas? (Fyi, she will have dark brown hair and olive skin).

As always, comments and constructive feedback are always welcome! 

-E.E.
    • By knarthex
      So everything is packed for tomorrow...
      and I had nothing better to do....
      So I started a new project for when I get home....

he is 14 parts of bad, and I am cleaning mold lines, and pinning stuff together...
      His torso is resin, everything else is metal...
      (so it aint crap...)
      mold lines are small, but pinning is being interesting.....
      Going to use, I think, a Secret Weapon 'Skull Field' style base....
      He's about 5" tall to the top of his head......
      Maybe semi assembled pics later....
      G
    • By Jordan Peacock
      So, in my Iron Kingdoms RPG campaign, I needed a Soul Stalker -- a wormy, tentacled extra-dimensional monster that intrudes into the mortal world for the sole purpose of chasing down someone who reneges upon a deal with the otherworldly creatures known as the Infernals.  Artwork from the newer Monsternomicon made it look more centipede-like, but old Iron Kingdoms d20 Monsternomicon illustrations of lesser infernals sets a trend wherein they tend to look almost embryotic, more soft-edged and squishy.

Therefore:

I had this fellow from the latest Bones 3 Kickstarter (Graveyard Expansion) -- 77541 Carrion Worm.  I also had a few tentacles from 02664 Phase Cat, because once upon a time I needed some wild cats of the leopard variety, but couldn't actually find some ... so the next best thing was to pick up some Reaper Phase Cats, leave off the tentacles, and fill the gaps on their backs with some putty.  I kept those tentacles around because you JUST NEVER KNOW when you'll need those for something, eh?  And basically I just drilled a couple of holes (a little larger than I usually do for my pinning holes for wire) so I could insert the ends of the pewter tentacle pieces.  Voila!  Extra-dimensional horror!

The scenery, by the way, is a combination of some Secret Weapon Tablescapes "Forgotten City" tiles (which I finally got to try out for the first time this weekend), and some kludged-together bits of scenery made from pink foam board.

• By Finch
      I thought it might be best to consolidate my ongoing Red Ghoul efforts under one roof. The previously completed miniatures are pictured above (from Reaper, Otherworld, and Fractured Dimensions).

The latest additions from Reaper, Otherworld, and Wyrd (AKA Dennis, Margret, and Ruff).

More pictures and details of these three at Minis by Finch.
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 4 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)