77372: Burrowing Horror ala Lisa Frank

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for the flank scales, I want to go for a bright chrome-like look. I'm quite accustomed to using shaded metallics for armor (in graphite to pearl-white progression) but somehow I don't think the same would work here. Any suggestions on how to approach it?

• Like 1

So, for the flank scales, I want to go for a bright chrome-like look. I'm quite accustomed to using shaded metallics for armor (in graphite to pearl-white progression) but somehow I don't think the same would work here. Any suggestions on how to approach it?

SENMM?

• Like 1

So I guess I have something to add to my next order from Reaper... I showed my wife and she very loudly and enthusiastically declared her love for it. Guess I better learn more about painting... ::): Looks fantastic so far, can't wait to see what you do with the rest!

(Edit: OK, maybe not next order... But sometime soon I need to track one down!)

Edited by canuckotter
  • Like 2

I've lined the flank scales with a thin mix of raw umber and phthalo blue, and highlighted them with some iridescent white. After some additional color blending, I glazed the dorsal plates with interference green and violet to give them a metallic shimmer. The belly was base coated with a tan mix, but that will be covered up with something else soon.

post-12393-0-45356600-1441236783.jpg

post-12393-0-09415000-1441236805.jpg

post-12393-0-31913100-1441236823.jpg

post-12393-0-36393200-1441236841.jpg

• Like 6